GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 40 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
2,841 Posts
Just be sure to not wear anything else that might be offensive to anyone on the face of the planet.

Disney properties are on my growing list of places to never go. Too bad because it used to be on my list of places to take my grandkids.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
The fact that they caught her doing it is a positive.

If you are staying at the resort Disney are more than willing to check the gun into one of their safety deposit boxes for your stay and return it when you leave.

·
Registered
14,489 Posts
A perfect location for an attack upon a infidel institution... but don't know if being armed as an individual would provide much safety...
Well for Universal Studios, we were traveling from TX to FL and from the resort to the Park so you have that. IF you are armed in the park and some terror incident goes down, I'm pretty sure most would want a gun. You get blown up, you get blown up but if you can drop a stabber or shooter before seeing your Lord almighty, I consider that a win.

Locally, you can run into some bad folks. I was at a gym over a decade ago - "Hey aren't you a police officer?" "Why do you ask?" "You arrested me for stealing a car." "Are you stealing cars anymore?"

Stuff goes down in their large parking lots, etc. It bothered the wife at first but now she knows the routine.

·
Registered
8,704 Posts
Well for Universal Studios, we were traveling from TX to FL and from the resort to the Park so you have that. IF you are armed in the park and some terror incident goes down, I'm pretty sure most would want a gun. You get blown up, you get blown up but if you can drop a stabber or shooter before seeing your Lord almighty, I consider that a win.

Locally, you can run into some bad folks. I was at a gym over a decade ago - "Hey aren't you a police officer?" "Why do you ask?" "You arrested me for stealing a car." "Are you stealing cars anymore?"

Stuff goes down in their large parking lots, etc. It bothered the wife at first but now she knows the routine.
I have run into people from my police world inside of Disney too.

·
Crusty Member
10,734 Posts
Guns and knives haven't been allowed in the Disney parks for some time. It's only somewhat recently that they've made the investment in electronic security at the checkpoints to make it impractical to concealed carry there though.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
The solution to gun bans at commercial sites is simple. The courts should hold the owner of the property liable for any harm or loss that occurs that might have been prevented or reduced had the victim been allowed to be armed in accordance with the laws of that jurisdiction. This is the moral solution as well. If I am told that I cannot provide for my own defense, and the defense of my family, then the owner of the property is accepting that responsibility and should be held liable for any breach of that responsibility. Maybe some pro-gun State will pass such a law and then we can see if the courts uphold it.

·
NRA Life Member
28,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
What about if only carrying rat shot for the mice?
May not work; they grow their mouses BIG in DW.

The psychiatrist comes out to talk to Mickey

Dr. : " Mr. Mouse, I have talked at length to Minnie Mouse and I don't think she is crazy at all "

Mickey : " You idiot; I didn't say she was crazy, I said she was f*****g Goofy "

·
NRA Life Member
28,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
Reactions: Caver 60

·
Enigma
2,522 Posts
If I thought I "needed" to be armed, I would not go.
That applies to everywhere, if I thought I was going to "need" a gun I'd not go.
However, I still prefer having a Glock 19/23/32 handy just in case. ;)

·
Registered
4,538 Posts
Disney security is some of the best in the world and the public only gets to see a fraction of the measures they have in place. If you can't relax enough to forgo going armed there, you probably shouldn't go out in public at all.

·
Registered
9,158 Posts
i have seen a lot of the parks from above. They are no AA emplacements that I have seen, so maybe not as good as the White House. However, they are pretty clever, so many maybe some of the rooftops open and the AA guns rise up. :50cal:

·
Registered
1,983 Posts
Al-Qaeda did have very complex plans to attack Disney with numerous shooters. It’s a PRIME target. No, Disney security is not that good as everyone always says. And yes I have legally carried there numerous times. It is not illegal to carry. Park policy does not trump state law.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Over 20 years ago I was the head chaperone for a high school band trip to DisneyWorld. On the second day there we "lost" a Japanese exchange student. As soon as I realized she was missing, I turned to the first staff member I could find. Immediately the security staff was notified and a park-wide effort was initiated, including monitoring of all the security cameras in operation. In less than two minutes they found her location, approached her and brought her back to where the group was assembled. I was totally impressed with their system and professionalism. I have no desire to go back to that theme park but if I did, I would be perfectly all right with going unarmed (although I would prefer to be armed, of course).

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Al-Qaeda did have very complex plans to attack Disney with numerous shooters. It’s a PRIME target. No, Disney security is not that good as everyone always says. And yes I have legally carried there numerous times. It is not illegal to carry. Park policy does not trump state law.
What does Trump have to do with this?

21 - 40 of 68 Posts