GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
NRA Life Member
28,440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so don't leave yours in the weeds before you go through the gate and drop a dime on your 6 YO when you get busted.

:brickwall:

https://www.clickorlando.com/news/l...e-disney-says-6-year-old-did-it-deputies-say/

" A Georgia woman accused of attempting to hide a loaded firearm in some plants outside a Disney World theme park told deputies her 6-year-old was actually the one who put it there, however, video and witness statements showed otherwise. "

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Rational
14,230 Posts
Has anyone here ever really felt the need to be armed inside a Disney park?
Hey, you never know when Mickey is gonna pop a move and cap your ass! I don't trust that rat at all!

·
Registered
13,947 Posts
We didn't go to Disney but went to Universal Studios and I was aware of their policy. I still went armed and made them lock it up at the gate. I feel the need to be armed there just like everywhere. It's not like chit can't happen there. We have a season pass at the theme park 15 minutes from us. Yep, I carry armed inside the park. Riding the rides have not been an issue.

·
Quick! Duck!
2,760 Posts
I went there in 1974 and I did not then. But back then I was a dumb ass by today's standards and never could have imagined anyone would attack such a target-rich environment full of innocent people. Then 9/11 gave me an edumacation. Did anyone who died at the WTC really feel the need to have an AA battery atop the WTC??? The terrorists think outside of the box. So should you.

·
Registered
8,995 Posts
Well they did have a stabbing, or shooting some years ago. I think that is when they implemented wanding or walk through metal detectors. It was not illegal to carry. Putting a gun in the bushes is stupid, don’t be lazy carry it back to you car no matter how far it is.

·
PSO Survivor. currently in NW Georgia
9,696 Posts
We didn't go to Disney but went to Universal Studios and I was aware of their policy. I still went armed and made them lock it up at the gate. I feel the need to be armed there just like everywhere. It's not like chit can't happen there. We have a season pass at the theme park 15 minutes from us. Yep, I carry armed inside the park. Riding the rides have not been an issue.
A perfect location for an attack upon a infidel institution... but don't know if being armed as an individual would provide much safety...

·
Director of civil unrest
8,636 Posts
I dunno, are there people there? Also, it's funny to note that a woman with a 6 yo and a gun went there so yeah, I would feel the need to be armed if for some idiotic reason I wanted to waste my money going to Disneyworld. Coke is a better investment.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
Dollywood doesn't check for weapons. And guns are absolutely a good idea at Dollywood. Those countless bariatrics will attack you over a footlong corndog. My cousin Nubs had half a hand chewed off there during a bariatric attack.

·
Premium Member
644 Posts
No guns at disneyworld, but you can witness unnatural acts in the men's room

Reactions: cbetts1 and flyover

·
Señor Member
8,699 Posts
I went on a family trip to Busch Gardens while packing 12-15 yrs. ago, not knowing it was prohibited (or so I was told). Haven’t been back. It would suck if you showed up with your carry piece and realized the only way to get in is to leave your weapon in someone else’s car or wait in the parking lot (which is likely illegal, also)...or ask your 6 yr. old to hide it in the bushes for you.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts