Protester in Seattle Shot By Man Driving Car Through George Floyd Protest (Video)

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by DonGlock26, Jun 8, 2020.

1. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

"Protester in Seattle Shot By Man Driving Car Through George Floyd Protest (Video)

View: https://youtu.be/S0JMkwvNxVE

A protester was shot in Seattle Sunday night as he attacked a man who was driving his car through a George Floyd-Black Lives Matter protest after going through a barrier. The shooter is in custody after leaving the scene. The victim was hit in the arm and walked away, but was taken to the hospital by Seattle Fire Department medics. The victim said he punched the driver to save protesters.

Graphic video shows a car driving through the protest, not hitting anyone as protesters scattered, but headed to where more protesters were tightly gathered. The driver stopped the car when protesters blocked him as he approached the crowded intersection. A man attacked the driver through the window, then fell backward as a gunshot rang out. The driver exited the car after a few seconds, brandishing a gun, and made his way through the crowd unmolested. A different video shows the man surrendering to police, apparently in the area of the shooting.

Video of the alleged shooting victim, “Story unclear at the moment but young man shot on 11th and Pine. Daniel, 26, wanted to tell his story. With the help of other medics I got a tourniquet on his arm. Street medics were on the spot with gauze and pressure. He walked off the scene.”

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/20...t-man-driving-car-george-floyd-protest-video/ "

2. bigj480

bigj480 CLM

I don't know what the self-defense laws are there but the man was under attack by a mob and especially the man that got shot. Self-defense in these situations should be allowed. You should not have to risk your life by letting the mob attack you and your vehicle. I'll be watching this case closely.

3. PatinAz

PatinAz

Had that guy not shot, he'd likely been dragged out and beaten, his car destroyed. Fleeing didn't help his case. But we're only seeing a small pic of the big picture.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
    slym2none, Quijibo, spork and 7 others like this.
  4. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Am I the only one wondering which GT member this is? LOL

5. G17Jake

G17Jake

The young man who was shot looks to be much taller than the crowd around him as he is helped towards the end of the video. He is a big guy.

I don't understand why the driver didn't keep driving after he fired the shot. The crowd had mostly parted.

DonGlock26 likes this.
  6. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I think the shooting was entirely justified. What I don’t get is why he tried to drive through the crowd. Th at never ends well. Go around.

7. thewitt

thewitt

Fleeing didn't help? What options did he have at that point? He was going to be killed buy the protesters. Should he have stayed and emptied his magazine then allowed the crowd to kill him? Would that have been a better case? How about stay in your car until they flip it and set it on fire? Is that a better looking case?

8. jr24

jr24

Indeed.

Didn't watch the video but does he actually go through the barrier or just drive around it.

Makes a big difference for intent.

ranger1968 likes this.
  9. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I don't know enough from this video to make an informed decision. However, from what is visible, it looks like he is purposely driving his car into the middle of a huge mass of people, and then wonders why people are reacting negatively.

Seems like going into a bar, provoking a fight, then claiming self-defense. But again, there may be more to this than this video clip shows.

10. thewitt

thewitt

You don't know enough, but you will render a judgement anyway... Nice.

bdcochran and DonGlock26 like this.
  11. Paul53

Paul53 You local friendly Skynet dealer

Additionally, where do you practice shooting from a vehicle? Why has there never been an article or even a study of the logistics of such a maneuver? What's the best caliber to use, best ammo?

12. thewitt

thewitt

i've read several GT members say that if they were suddenly surrounded by a crowd of angry protesters, they would not hesitate to empty a magazine to protect themselves, or they would simply drive right through the crowd.

This guy might have driven into the crowd on purpose - and in that case he's an idiot - or he might have ended up there by accident...

In any case he was attacked, defended himself and fled from what I can see.

Guilty of being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or intentionally driving into a crowd so he could hurt people, and then get his car destroyed and go to prison?

Hard to tell from that video clip.

hogship, badge315, larry_minn and 2 others like this.
  13. Trench Sweeper

Trench Sweeper On the day of your birth death began stalking you

KY where the taxes are as high as half the people
    Seems like I read someplace he drove around a barrier.

14. NoStress

NoStress

He did set a good example of what to do to in that situation. They might not be so bold now but it might take a few more people getting shot for them to wise up.

hogship likes this.
  15. hamster

hamster NRA Life Member

I know exactly as much as everyone else here. I simply caveated my opinion unlike most other posters to this thread.

From the limited footage, it looks like he had ample time to turn around, reverse or whatever. At the very least, he is a piss poor driver. Yes, he was assaulted... but being assaulted after you purposely drive your car into a protest makes you a Darwin award candidate.

16. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

wyntrout, DonGlock26 and evlbruce like this.
  17. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

I think the news articles are slanted.
    I read somewhere he was just driving down the street and his car was attacked.

After shooting, he does walk over to the Police, as if he feels like he was attacked, and needs protection.

The news is playing it off like the guy reaching inside his car was just trying to stop him, but it sure looks to me like he was attacking the driver.

It is possible to be going somewhere and turn down the wrong street, and happen upon a protest, and have your car swarmed.

In my area, I am hearing of protests in areas where I would never expect to see one. I have wondered what I would do if I happened to end up surrounded.

18. thewitt

thewitt

And you somehow know he purposely drove into a protest, how? You see more footage from behind him? Perhaps the crowd behind was larger and more violent than the crowd in front? Maybe he was trying to escape a larger, more violent protest.

My point is that we are quick to pass judgement without knowing anything other than a potentially curated 20 second video clip, and that's very dangerous.

The "old man" who was knocked on his ass in Buffalo now appears to be a leftists agitator who likely set the whole event up intentionally in order to throw mud on the police. It worked, and if he did it on purpose no one will ever hear that, as judgement has already been passed on the officers involved, and they have been lumped into the "all police are bad" bucket as intended.

Big1 likes this.
  19. ExecutiveWill

ExecutiveWill

:dancingbanana:

Quijibo and DonGlock26 like this.
  20. Agonizer

Agonizer Unmasked

The sad thing is, even if this guy was totally justified, he will be persecuted for harming the "holy divine innocent peaceful protesters", who are "simply protesting racism".

okiegtrider, Quijibo, hogship and 3 others like this.