Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Well I'll Be Dipped!!!
29,548 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A sign of the times. I'm guess that sanitizers and cleaners are being used so often, some are worried it's going to ruin the card readers.

At least I hope that's why this was done;

20200428_135604_HDR.jpg

Reactions: mj9mm

·
Registered
12,024 Posts
i been to some stores and saw that too. i think they are just being lazy, easier to replace the plastic than clean. but i doubt they change the plastic much, if at all.

·
Registered
21,733 Posts
Use your sanitizer wipe and wipe down the plastic. :couch:

·
Registered
1,190 Posts
I think that's the store's feeble, ignorant attempt to "protect" the consumer.

By putting the cover over the key pad, they think they're protecting the customer from catching the virus if someone before them has used the pad and is infected. Problem is that they didn't think it through... the virus / germs are still there on the plastic film. To work properly, the condom that they've created for the card machine needs to be changed after each use.

I'm not freaking out over this whole thing, but I do use latex gloves when filling up at the pump and using the key pad. Slip them on, do my thing, take them off, and throw them away right there. I do the same thing at the bank drive up with the canister.

IV

Reactions: ronj1

·
Registered
10,020 Posts
this is done so they can frequently sanitize the machine (the areas frequently touched) without having sanitizer get into the machine.

·
Registered
12,024 Posts
this is done so they can frequently sanitize the machine (the areas frequently touched) without having sanitizer get into the machine.
thats the reason i hope is true. when i asked the manager at one store about it, he laughed and said something about keeping customers safe. i used my sanitizer after leaving the store...

·
Registered
9,253 Posts
Well taco bell workers are wearing gloves and handing your food out the drive through to you on a tray instead of by hand. Forget the fact that they used their cross-contaminated gloved hand to put the lid on your drink then touch your bag to put it on the tray to hand out the window. Who comes up with this stuff? It's all for show and not effective in any way unless they're changing gloves between each customer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts