Proposal for Congress

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by xromad, Feb 20, 2010.

1. xromad

xromad Fraud

This was in the letters section of the new The Blue Press. I was taken enough by it to type it up and print and snail mail to my 3 reps. I know I'm pissing into the wind doing so, but I think the ideas should spread. The original authors name is at the end:

To all who are concerned, I humbly submit my proposed Congressional Reform Act of 2010:

1. Term Limits: 12 years only, one of the possible options below.*

A. Two six-year Senate terms

B. Six two-year House terms

c. One six-year Senate terms and three two-year House terms

2. No Tenure/No Pension: Members of Congress collect a salary while in office and receive no pay when they are out of office.*

3. Congress (past, present & future) participates in Social Security. All funds in the Congressional retirement fund move to the Social Security system immediately. All future funds flow into the Social Security system, Congress participates with the American people.*

4. Congress shall purchase their own retirement plan just like all other Americans.*

5. Members of Congress shall no longer vote themselves pay raises. Congressional pay will rise by the lower of the CPI or 3%.

6. Members of Congress lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the American people.*

7. Members of Congress shall equally abide by all laws they impose on the American people.*

8. All contracts with past and present Congressmen are void effective 1/1/11. The American people did not make these contracts with congressmen, congressmen made all these contracts for themselves.*

*Serving in Congress is an honor, not a career. The Founding Fathers envisioned citizen legislators, serve your term(s), then go home and back to work.

Grover “Mitch” Mitchell

2. RioKid

RioKid

I'll vote for that.

3. G17Jake

G17Jake

Last edited: Jul 24, 2010
  4. Glock20 10mm

Glock20 10mm Use Linux!

I'd vote for it as well!!

5. conservativenut

conservativenut

Sounds good to me!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. kahrcarrier

kahrcarrier FAHRENHEIT

All these congressmen were voted into office. By us.

We are the ones who don't vote them out, SO............

This stuff ain't gonna happen.