close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Proper way to sell a handgun?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by GlockmanPA, Mar 3, 2010.

1. GlockmanPA

GlockmanPA PA Glocker #212

I am going to sell 2 of my Glocks and 1360 rounds of 9mm ammo and was wondering what steps I need to take to ensure I don't find the ATF knocking at my door. (Paper work, photo id, waiting period?) Sorry if this is the wrong forum for this. Thanks so much for the help and time.

BTW What would be a fair price for a used (less than 1000rounds through) G-19 with Trijicon night sights and a used (less than 400 rounds through) G-26 and 1360 rounds of WWB ammo FMJ? :wavey:

Last edited: Mar 3, 2010
  2. glocknineteen

glocknineteen

I think most people just have the transfer done through a local FFL where the buyer would pay the associated fee. That is if you were selling to someone in PA. If shipped it would have to go to the FFL. And, a used G19 with night sights would probably go for 450 or so. Whereas the G26 usually is anywhere from 375-400ish. Let me know if you are selling the G26. I would be very interested if the price was right.

3. den888

den888

Go through an FFL and follow the law.

4. novaDAK

novaDAK

In this case, being in PA, you have to sell your handguns through a PA FFL if it's going to another PA resident (since PA doesn't allow private sales of handguns, with a few exceptions).

Just to show the difference in state laws, here in VA I can buy and sell directly to/from any VA resident who can legally own the gun.

5. h2opolo150

h2opolo150

Put it on a table outside your house that says for sale and go inside until someone knocks on your door to make an offer.

6. sharp

sharp

If he looks like a gang banger don't sell the gun to him....:whistling:

7. migm

migm

1400 rounds eh? whaddya want for em?

8. american lockpicker

american lockpicker License to Il

9. Delcorbett

Delcorbett

Straight from the mouth of the beast, as per the atf's website
    Q: What record-keeping procedures should be followed when two private individuals want to engage in a firearms transaction?
    When a transaction takes place between private (unlicensed) persons who reside in the same State, the Gun Control Act (GCA) does not require any record keeping. A private person may sell a firearm to another private individual in his or her State of residence and, similarly, a private individual may buy a firearm from another private person who resides in the same State. It is not necessary under Federal law for a Federal firearms licensee (FFL) to assist in the sale or transfer when the buyer and seller are “same-State” residents. Of course, the transferor/seller may not knowingly transfer a firearm to someone who falls within any of the categories of prohibited persons contained in the GCA. See 18 U.S.C. §§ 922(g) and (n). However, as stated above, there are no GCA-required records to be completed by either party to the transfer.
    There may be State or local laws or regulations that govern this type of transaction. Contact State Police units or the office of your State Attorney General for information on any such requirements.
    Please note that if a private person wants to obtain a firearm from a private person who resides in another State, the firearm will have to be shipped to an FFL in the buyer’s State. The FFL will be responsible for record keeping. See also Question B3.

10. novaDAK

novaDAK

Since it looks like there's still some confusion,

IN PA HANDGUNS MUST BE TRANSFERRED THROUGH AN FFL.