Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
65,070 Posts
Back in the days, Harley-Davidson made performance bikes. They lasted all the way until the 1950s when the Brits started to make up-to-date performance bikes. HD then tried to catch up with the Sportster line. And then the Japanese and the Italians came along in the 1960s and that was all she wrote for American performance motorcycles.

Maybe this Motoczysc outfit would bring back America to the playground of performance bikes.

·
No Compromise.
457 Posts
Originally posted by fnfalman
Back in the days, Harley-Davidson made performance bikes. They lasted all the way until the 1950s when the Brits started to make up-to-date performance bikes. HD then tried to catch up with the Sportster line. And then the Japanese and the Italians came along in the 1960s and that was all she wrote for American performance motorcycles.

Maybe this Motoczysc outfit would bring back America to the playground of performance bikes.
That bike in the picture is a 50's panhead, it looks like. Badass motorcyclists, doing that on a wishbone and a pogo. They sure don't make them like that anymore (the bikes or the bikers)

·
pro tinkerer
345 Posts
yeah its a Pan... Hardtail with the 41mm inverted fork front end that had about 2" of travel... hope that guy had springs in his knees.. i did that once on a softail but not on purpose.... was not fun but i did land on the wheels and not on my ass or nothin.. lucky
and on the sportys a lot... but different animal.. gotta love the old iron heads.

·
No Compromise.
457 Posts
Originally posted by epsylum
Those guys still exist, they just ride more purposeful equipment now. They are the ones now doing backflips with heelclickers and double backflips on dirtbikes.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5604763049560585838&q=travis+pastrana&hl=en

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=3304037526952370306&q=travis+pastrana&hl=en
Bit different in my eyes. Those guys in the videos are decked out head to toe in equipment. They're doing it infront of an audience, showcasing what they've accomplished, seeking appraisal. The guys similar to those in the pics? Doing it for their own glory, in their small groups of friends, hardly to be remembered.... often with what they had on when they left the house that morning. IMO at least

·
Registered
3,868 Posts
Originally posted by White Buffalo
Bit different in my eyes. Those guys in the videos are decked out head to toe in equipment. They're doing it infront of an audience, showcasing what they've accomplished, seeking appraisal. The guys similar to those in the pics? Doing it for their own glory, in their small groups of friends, hardly to be remembered.... often with what they had on when they left the house that morning. IMO at least
Well not all of them are. Freestyle MX has only recently caught on. They did not learn those tricks in the 5 or so years FMX has been mainstream. It started off with riders showing off in from of their small group of friends also.

BTW I don't care what gear they have on, you land from about 40 feet in the air upside down with a 200+lb. bike on top of you, no gear is going to help you. Travis Pastrana's mother was crying and did not want him to do it because the stunt is so dangerous. He also said he will never do it again, but I doubt that.

I was more or less comparing them because they both have a lot of...... well you know.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.