Project G22 minus 5

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by hvyrnnr, Oct 16, 2015.

1. hvyrnnr

hvyrnnr

Finally got out and put some rounds through the 40-9mm conversion. The G22 was stripped out of its 40 cal parts and in went the KKM conversion barrel and 9mm specific parts. No hiccups to report although I got some erratic ejection. I'm sure it's due to the reloads I used. The G22-5 Project is good to go. Get it? 22-5=17

[​IMG]

The slide was also stripped. It's headed to DP Custom Works for some machining. DP cleared his backlog a few days ago. Stripped weight with the striker channel liner is 12.6 oz. I'll update once it comes back.
    [​IMG]

Cred's Cariad likes this.
  2. Mjheinz

Mjheinz

Question for you....just out of curioity..

why did you change "all" the parts and not just go with the barrel and G17 mags?

That's all I did and it ejects fine as long as I use 124's. Haven't had any failures but the 115's eject weakly.

3. hvyrnnr

hvyrnnr

Well why not? Whatever works best for you.. It's a dedicated conversion (for me) as I've practically switched over to the 9mm with the exception of my G21. The OEM parts were dirt cheap and I had a few things in my parts box already. I'll get some more Magpul mags for it. This is a range/fun gun so it's whatever.
    Could I have been ok with just the conversion barrel and G17 mags? Yup.

4. Mjheinz

Mjheinz

Did you only change the ejector and the extractor ?

Thanks

5. hvyrnnr

hvyrnnr

9mm Ejector, extractor, bearing, recoil spring assembly, and striker (though not necessary but I had extra 9mm striker handy). Cost me $38 in parts. Not expensive at all.
    I just wanted to eliminate any potential problems even though many like yourself don't run into any problems with just the barrel and mags.

6. bac1023

bac1023

Glad its working well for you :cool:

I'm much more a fan of 9mm.

7. hvyrnnr

hvyrnnr

Not bad for current turnaround after clearing out their backlog. DP sent me completed pics of the slide. I didn't want anything too fancy like windows or stepped serrations. It's pretty much standard fare on what they can do. I had him leave it unfinished as I will have the refinishing done locally.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Cred's Cariad likes this.