Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Afternoon,

New member here. Looking to buy a Glock 20. The serial number is tyh543, anyone have an idea when this was made? I tried to get on Glock sites but could not navigate them. Hope everyone is staying healthy. My motto: Better to have it and not need it...Than need it and not have it...Thanks John

·
Registered
672 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, unfortunately I do not have the 3 letter sequence on top of the barrel. I just have the serial number.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks, unfortunately I do not have the 3 letter sequence on top of the barrel. I just have the serial number.
i only just did a very quick google search, so i don't even know how accurate that site is.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have tried Glock serial number lookup but for some reason cannot find a production date.

·
M62/76
12,531 Posts
TYH should be 2013.

·
Registered
672 Posts
Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have tried Glock serial number lookup but for some reason cannot find a production date.
yeah, in my searching, i am reading where many are saying, that there is/was a small envelope in the Glock case with a spent round in it, and the date of firing, which would also be the date of birth.

however, mine was made in GA, and no such envelope was found by me.

all the other sites regarding date of manufacture say to simply contact Glock with your serial number.

i had to do just that with my CZ 75 B, and they got back to me. with the year only not any specific day or month.

kinda sucks not to know the exact date.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all of the responses. I am going put in a stronger recoil spring. Does anyone have advice if I should go with a 20lb or 22lb spring?

·
M62/76
12,531 Posts
yeah, in my searching, i am reading where many are saying, that there is/was a small envelope in the Glock case with a spent round in it, and the date of firing, which would also be the date of birth.

however, mine was made in GA, and no such envelope was found by me.

all the other sites regarding date of manufacture say to simply contact Glock with your serial number.

i had to do just that with my CZ 75 B, and they got back to me. with the year only not any specific day or month.

kinda sucks not to know the exact date.
Glock stopped enclosing the envelope with test brass and date sometime in 2016 IIRC.

Reactions: buddyd157

·
JAFO
4,644 Posts
Welcome to G.T. from southern Illinois.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Hello and Welcome.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts