close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Production Glock

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by sandman_sy, Dec 9, 2006.

1. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

Just asking for a friend. His wife just bought a glock 22. and gearing up for IPSC competitions. What can you do to a glock or change what part and stay legal in the Production division in IPSC??

I read a lot of USPSA shooter change they're sight, trigger component and stuff.... are they shooting Standard??

Salamat!:banana:

2. Kiddo

Kiddo

USPSA and IPSC/PPSA have different set of rules. PPSA follows the same rules as IPSC. You can get the rule book here . :)

3. Allegra

Allegra

Nothing
    Just good training

Even my friends who are buying cz's hindi na rin pinapa trigger job

4. wingz

wingz speed not power

Hi sandman_sy, Kiddo is right, there are limitations and set of rules with regards to pistols modifications in a particular division in IPSC. In Prod.Div. only the trigger pull of up to 5 lbs. is allowed, while other issues such as sights, grips and even color must be of the same original features if you have to replace them.
    Just like what Sir Allegra said, just buy or earn some good training and she's ready to go. :)

5. revo

revo

As of Jul 31 2006, you can now use fiber optic sights.

6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter

ok naman g22 for prod, although bitin parati mag capacity sa mga cof's.

try mo itong power puff load na ito. 155 gr teflon with 4.0 vv n320. PF is 140.

rear sight maganda yung heinie or the new sevigny rear. front sight pwede na fiber optic

7. wingz

wingz speed not power

8. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

for as long as you do not modify the slide when you install your sights.

kelangan drop-in. bawal ang milled-in.

9. egoy

egoy

not necessarily drop in...basta it's the sights that must adapt to the slide and not the slide adapt to the sights. other concessions in this division are grips and aftermarket mags. but mag capacity might be restricted by next year.

10. HEAVY

HEAVY "Verify!"

agree on the sights.

bawal din pala +2 basepads or any basepad that increases mag capacity.

kung glock, pwede extended slide stop and extended mag release because they are standard on some glock models.

not sure on drop in aftermarket barrels.

basta bawal comps.

11. egoy

egoy

afaik...i may be wrong though

no go on aftermarket barrels. they'll be strict on those three concessions only. grip, sights and mags on the following conditions:

aftermarket grips must conform to the original profile/dimension of the ofm grip. grip tapes are allowed as long as it is applied not to make palm swell or contours or finger grooves. it can also be applied to front and back straps. wrap around grips are not allowed.

aftermarket front/rear sights are allowed provided that no milling/machining will be done on the slide. if it needs to be fitted, mill the sights and not the slide.

aftermarket mags are allowed provided they match the dimension of ofm mag. no baseplates that increases mag capacity is allowed. aftermarket mags can be tweaked to accomodate extra round/s. (might be restricted next year to 15 rounds or original number of rounds declared by the ofm when approved by the ipsc)

regarding other parts, i think they're good to go as long as they're ofm and are factory options on a particular firearm

12. stanship

stanship

plus 1 sa mga posts ni egoy.

in ipsc production division, only three options are allowed to date, i.e.,

1. any open sights (as long as you do not mill your slide; ala-drop-in lang)

2. grip tapes are allowed,

3. after market mags, as long as they are the same profile as the OEM mag.

+++++

question lang: bakit naman g22 napili mong ilaro sa production division? a g17 could be better.

meron akong g22 and i play it sa std division. changed the barrel to wilson and added arrendondo base pads to make 18 rounds. fitted also a tungsten guiderod and heavy 20# recoil spring. manageable ang felt recoil at major pf of 172.

13. sandman_sy

sandman_sy

Salamat mga BOGs!!!

That's very educational. Stanship, interesting option. Using a Glock22 for Standard. Change the inards and upgrade stuff. I'll tell my friend.

Don't know y they bought a G22, but maybe i'll shift to production. once i do get the money:supergrin: Baka mura yung offer ni deenoh, i wonder magkano sa kanya? How bout a heads up on the price of a Glock17.

14. stanship

stanship

sandman_sy yun g22 mapapalambot pa ang trigger pull. i did the following and got about 2.5# trigger:

1. changed the firing pin spring to wolff lightened spring,
    2. changed the dis/connector to scherer 3.5#
    3. polished the innards (look for the article "How To Make A Glock Not Suck" in the internet)
    4. lightened the firing pin by dremmeling off some metals from it.
    5. fitted a trigger overtravel stop

my bullet load as follows (using wilson match grade barrel):

heads: Armscor FMJ 180 grains
    powder: VV N340 at 6.0 grains
    oal: 1.135" to 1.140"
    PF about 172

other option is to load a heavier head (200 to 230 grain) to lower the powder charge para gumaan pa ang palag.

15. egoy

egoy

sandman, try digging out Buy and Sell Part 8-Halloween Edition thread. there's a g17 being offered by paltog which i find to be a good offer. that's good to go in production sans the +2 base plate and butt plug. there's also a cz by pmma97 and 92fs by allan penera. whichever u take, don't forget the cleats (which i am offering on page 10 of the same thread, hehehehe).

16. mtho

mtho

why a heavy 20lb recoil spring? wouldn't a lighter spring give you less recoil?

17. stanship

stanship

the recoil spring of the glock holds the slide and the frame together. it's unlike 1911 style pistols.

if you use lighter than the factory issued, you are risking to have an "out of battery" condition. merely depressing the glock trigger will already move the slide forward with a very light recoil spring.

why heavier recoil spring - please see the wolff website explaining the use of the different spring weights.

lastly and as per my experience on my g22, mas konti and felt recoil ko if i use the heavier recoil spring rather than the factory (17#) recoild spring that originally came with it.

other thing to consider is that the g22 barrel is only 4.5 inches in length compared to a standard 1911, which is 5 inches or more.

18. MERCMADE

MERCMADE BULLET PROOF

san ka puede maglaro kung 22c?
    paano kung lagyan ko ny unported barrel ung 22c,puede na sa std o production?
    thanks

19. stanship

stanship

sa ipsc standard division pwede mo ilaro.
    you will not be allowed to compete in production division kasi hindi na "out from the box" or original configuration.

20. stanship

stanship

in addition:

kung orig na g22c naman sa modified division ka pwede magcompete