Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have a box of Federal Champion 115gr. 9mm ($9.47 WalMart Ammunition) that they could look at the product number for me? I am doing some tests, and I'm writing down the product numbers for reference, but I don't have the original boxes anymore. I think it was something like WM**99. Thanks for the Help!

·
Registered
11,540 Posts
Does anyone have a box of Federal Champion 115gr. 9mm ($9.47 WalMart Ammunition) ...
No intention to hijack the thread, but why is it that so many folks have local Wal-Marts with Federal, WWB, Blazer 9mm ammo and mine only has the black/orange RWS (?) ammo at $17/box for the last two months? I haven't seen any WWB here in six freakin' months and I've never seen Blazer or Federal. Ever!

Is there some supercomputer in Bentonville, Ark., that allocates a single ammo choice to whichever locality has the dumbest buyers in the country --- the ones who will pay up because they don't know any better?

Does anybody else run into this problem with their local Wal-Mart outlet?

·
Registered
828 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
No intention to hijack the thread, but why is it that so many folks have local Wal-Marts with Federal, WWB, Blazer 9mm ammo and mine only has the black/orange RWS (?) ammo at $17/box for the last two months? I haven't seen any WWB here in six freakin' months and I've never seen Blazer or Federal. Ever!

Is there some supercomputer in Bentonville, Ark., that allocates a single ammo choice to whichever locality has the dumbest buyers in the country --- the ones who will pay up because they don't know any better?

Does anybody else run into this problem with their local Wal-Mart outlet?
Oh, the WalMarts near me don't have the Federal Stuff in stock. They have plenty of the ammo that you mentioned. I just had a few boxes worth of the Federal left from a few months ago stocked away in plastic boxes, I forgot to get the product numbers off of it before I threw it away. Thanks to glocksterr and bentbiker for getting the info.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ok here is how walmart shakes down. Walmart no longer has a contract with Blazer, so don't expect to see blazer brass on the shelves anytime soon. Federal is only shipping about 8 to 10 50rd boxes to walmarts at a time. I talked to a younger guy who worked there... and yes most times you get a lot of useless info or wrong info. But ask them, when does it usually come in? What time does it go on the shelves? Night or day? Chances are... it goes on the shelf in the morning and is gone by 9am. I have looked at walmart every time I went there for a year... never a single box of 9mm. The trick is to put walmarts sporting goods number on your cell phone and just dial it every day at 8 am. Are there any federal or www in the case? no, ok. When are you expecting a shipment? Ok thanks a lot. Next day same thing. I know its annoying and its not a gaurantee, but I bet over the course of a month you get a chance at some ammo. It beats whining about it on the internet and is certainly much better than paying $17 a box for that switzerland produced RWS. Hope you get your ammo... By the way, boycott that WWB! It went up $3 a box for no reason after the health care bill was signed in to law. Federal didn't change in price. Buy Federal and leave the rest on the shelf. Show 'em we're not willing to pay that because they are exploiting us by using politics.

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
It beats whining about it on the internet and is certainly much better than paying $17 a box for that switzerland produced RWS.
Better yet, forget about WM altogether. Why in the world would you go to such trouble and expense for such crappy service? Buy by the case over the Internet. You'll get exactly what you want without the hassle and wasted trips to I-Dont-Care-About-You-Mart.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Better yet, forget about WM altogether. Why in the world would you go to such trouble and expense for such crappy service? Buy by the case over the Internet. You'll get exactly what you want without the hassle and wasted trips to I-Dont-Care-About-You-Mart.
+1 on that! The only reason I don't buy in bulk on the internet is because its not local. Local and quick is the only convenience other than that.... I hate walmart!

·
FYPM
5,596 Posts
+1 on that! The only reason I don't buy in bulk on the internet is because its not local. Local and quick is the only convenience other than that.... I hate walmart!
Besides reducing cost per round, the point of buying in bulk is to build up an inventory so you are not subjected to local availability/price squeezes. I don't know about you but, I consider my time to be very valuable not to mention the cost of gas etc etc to keep running to a retailer.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts