close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problems with Walther P22

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by Hermo Gut, Aug 26, 2004.

1. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Hi BOG guys, I'll be getting my Walther P22Target from PB Dionisio soon (bought last Gunshow). Anyone of you have/had any experience with this pistol? Kinda cool looking gun but feedbacks seem unfavorable. Any inputs, comments & suggestions? Thanks.;Q

2. 9MX

9MX Rei!

check mo yung gunshow thread:cool:

3. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

I have checked from Rimfire central.com about the gun's performance and had not read/seen similar problems shown/indicated at the Gunshow thread.

First hand experience would be highly appreciated.

Paging Doctor? , could you please post your experience with your new P22 including ammo used??? How's your G19 problem & new Galil / Bushmaster M4 ???;)

4. glockomolly

glockomolly Dirty Dawg

I used to be interested in this gun but based on my observation lang po sa range I saw 2 people already using this gun & usually their problem is the gun keeps on jamming. One of them is using imprted ammo pa. After I saw its performance - nawalan na ko ng gana.

5. Garr

Garr Be Prepared

Mine would not cycle properly until using CCI Velocitor, unknown if you can get it in PI, but it is a 40 gr JHP. The heavy bullet and hyper velocity powder charge fixed the problem. It will now reliably feed and cycle with CCI Mini Mags. I will be trying Remingtons again soon.

6. miko_a

miko_a

My friend has one...

Magazine: kept on jamming because the ammo woudn't line up properly.
    slide: kept on jamming even if you use Hypervelocity ammo
    Overall: felt everything was coming apart when fired...

7. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Miko , maybe your friend got the old stock /early version with jamatic magazine. I got mine two days ago from PB Dionisio and unfortunately early version din.

P22's early release had this mag problems. The new ones come with A-suffix.Bought myself a new one. As for the tightness, mine came very tight. Maybe because of the installed stabilizer kaya ang sikip niya.Also, this pistol is very ammo sensitive. You have to find the right one na gusto nang pistol.So far I find Sellier & Bellot hyper velocity ok sa P22 ko. ;) Another problem , the extractor spring is not that strong, Failure to Eject lagi.Already solved that problem by stretching the extractor spring. Thanks for the info.:)

8. mbclubph

mbclubph GREEN MINDED

hows the experience?
    what ammo's ang gusto?
    any prob?

9. 9MX

9MX Rei!

out of curiosity, why do you like shooting .22s when you already have pistols of higher caliber? ;Q

10. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

9MX - For the fun of .22LR plinking and going back to the basics.:)

Isa pa fiscal crisis ngayon, mura bala nang .22 pistol. ;f

11. jasonub

jasonub

youll be better off with a ruger 22/45. i never had a jam even using armscor subsonics. i put a silencer and a dot sight on my pistol (sold it, damn i miss that gun) its one of the most accurate and reliable 22 i ever had

12. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

You're right Jasonub.^c I'll try to wear na lang my Walther P22 Target & Bersa Thunderlite before getting a Ruger Buckmark (I like the bull barrel version ).;)

13. 9MX

9MX Rei!

ah err.. kala ko ba fiscal crisis?;f

inggit naman ako sa iyo my friend:)

14. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Pagkatapos nang fiscal crisis sir. Maybe in three years time, kapag gumanda economy natin, sana;Q. ;f

15. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

Hi, Boy. Saw this comment about the Walther P22 (below) on another forum. This post and the other ones on that thread indicated difficulties people were having with the Walther P22's magazine.

shorty
    Executive Member
    Member # 2107

posted September 20, 2004 08:51
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    just bought a pair of these and we are wondering if anyone has info on the magazines.

the ammo stacks uneven and jagged...right out of box both jammed and failed to eject multiple times.

it would seem that if the mags, were a bit thinner and stacked the ammo evenly it would reduce this problem much like a ruger 22 stacks perfectly even.

anyone have knowledge on this?

thanks.

16. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Hi Ante. Early P22 magazines are really pain@?****. The new ones are better and more reliable. I have the new mag as well as the old/earlier version. I made several modifications on the early ones.Please see attached comparison.

1. The old mag has longer mag spring, about 40mm. causing unnecessary mag pressure inside the plastic follower.

2. Early mags don't have side slot which makes the bullet/ammo to nose dive.I find this slot on my Bersa 22lr mags and new P22 mags, makes better ammo position/inclination.

After the modifications, my P22 functioned flawlessly. But that's not all, P22 owners should address the rather strong hammer main spring (leave the hammer cock for about a week) and weak extractor spring (adjust/pull the spring). Smoothen the hammer & under slide. P22 is also ammo sensitive, find the one that's right for your plinker. I find Sellier & Bellot 38gr. Hyper Velocity ammo compatible with my gun.European ammo for a european gun.;)Nice plinker.:)

Thank you. :) :)

17. antediluvianist

antediluvianist

How much did you pay for the Walther P22..was special price at the last Gunshow, right?...from PB Dionisio? Am thinking of getting one for my wife and daughter and..oh hell mainly for me for cheap practice.

Well, actually, am more interested in a .22 revolver as i like revolvers more than semis. Know any good .22lr revolvers available locally, especially the ones with cylinders that take 8, 9 etc. .22 cartridges?

18. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

I saw Ruger Single Six revolvers from PB Dionisio before. I don't know if they still have them, try to give them a call if you're interested.

19. mbclubph

mbclubph GREEN MINDED

the p22 last gunshow with 3.4 inch barrel 18,900 at pb nashe black frame very nice little pistol reliable and cheap no probs at all yung ammos lng ayaw ng local maarte gusto either sellier and bellot hallow point P230 lang sa casa armas mcs. kaya lang ubos na reserve for mbclubph and hermogut only... hahaha hermo pakyaw na sa ammos hehe got 1000 rounds already sa wardrobe ko:) :) remington viper,cci stinger for carry

20. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Mine is the target version (5in. barrel with stabilizer/counter weight). Got it from PB Dionisio last gunshow for 22.4T., regular price is 28T.

Very cheap talaga ammo, S&B HV HP 38gr. for only 225 pesos/50 rnds. less 10% at Casa Armas.;)