close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Dismiss Notice

You are browsing the classified section of GlockTalk.com, by doing so you agree to follow the terms of service.

http://www.glocktalk.com/pages/classifieds-tos/

problems with Lone wolf distributors? ( shipping full cap mags)

Discussion in 'Smart Shopper' started by mlmarion55, Nov 15, 2004.

1. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

Have any of of you had problems with Lone wolf distributors? I've heard of people waiting up to three weeks for full cap mag delivery! do they usually send you info on when they ship or if there is a delay?
    Thank you.

2. CHUCKE

CHUCKE

I finally got my g18 mags today. I ordered them about three weeks ago. Im still happy. Most distributers are going to be behind similairly.

3. bigtinva

bigtinva Megalomaniac

They clearly state on their website that there will be a slight delay in filling orders. Here is the quote: "IMPORTANT NOTICE: All Glock magazine orders will take two - three weeks from the order date to fill.

You have to decide for yourself if you can wait. I don't see the problem.

4. 13BRV3

13BRV3

I've had a G18 mag, and 4 G17 mags on order for a couple weeks. They were upfront about the wait, and even allow you to specify "unmarked" rather than LEO if you prefer. This does increase the wait time though, because they're still getting some of each in from Glock. Fortunately, I'm in no hurry.

Cheers,
    Rusty

5. chp5

chp5

They did me right. Would order from again.

6. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

I have done much business with lone wolf, and they have been great to me. I just wanted to check with you guys first on this mag issue.

7. Nukem

Nukem

I too am happy with them...I ordered two mags last week when their web page indicated mags were in-stock...my credit card was charged on the 16th and mags arrived today in the mail (19th). Great service!

8. ConservativeCCW

ConservativeCCW Member

I placed a small order with Lone Wolf on October 4th. Two G19 magazines, one G18 magazine, and a couple +2 extensions. I received the G19 magazines & the extensions the first week of November. The G18 magazine remains on back order.

This weekend I bought a new G23 at the Portland, OR gun show. I stopped by the Lone Wolf booth and picked up some accessories to go along my new G23.

Today I called Lone Wolf as the G18 magazine is still on back order. Because of the shipping delay, my credit card had expired and I needed to update them with the new expiration date. No big deal.

I spoke to "Rick" on the phone. I asked him about the possibility of shipping a couple G23 magazines whenever they ship the G18 magazine. They made the decision to split the shipment, and I figured adding to the order would be a good way for them to recoup the additional cost they chose to incur.

I was wrong. "Rick" told me that would effectively 'cut me in line' before the other 'thousands of other people' who had placed orders after me. I was fine with that. I am not in a rush and if I had not needed to update my credit card expiration, I would not have even called.

What shocked me was the comment Rick made after that. He stated 'For the $5 we make on each magazine it is not worth it to us to change your order'. When I asked Rick if that was really how important he thought I was as a customer, he became defensive and tried to deny he ever said it. Rick did not offer an apology or an attempt to clarify what he meant. He simply stated that I could take it up with the owner if I 'wanted special treatment'. I tried to tell him I did not have a problem with them refusing to add to my order, but I did have a problem with him telling me my order was effectively not important to them. At that point I thanked him and terminated the call.

(Before anyone asks... I have done time in life working the phones for an employer. No profanity was used and no personal attacks were made to inflame Rick's lack of customer service.)

This was the first order I have ever placed with Lone Wolf. I can understand their policy to not add to an existing order (despite the fact that it would have helped them cut their losses at having to split the order). However the unprofessionalism exhibited by Rick is disappointing to say the least.

On the other hand, to give credit where it is due, the guys who work the booths at the gun shows (independent dealers??) have been nothing but top notch professionals.

There is a big "Your Mileage May Vary" on this post. This is just my personal experience with Lone Wolf, and yours will hopefully be better.

9. CHUCKE

CHUCKE

I finally got my g-18 mag this week. I forgot that I had even ordered it. I have ordered 3 more since then, from other distributors. Wonder when I will see them. Im shure that all dealers who sell glock mags are wondering if its worth it at this point. HaHa. ****ty service sucks, there is no excuse for it but Id get used to it, Its all ive gotten for the last 3 or 4 years and I dont expect to see it change any time soon.

10. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

Bummer. I ordered mine on 9/13 and still don't have the G18 mags. That's odd. I'm supposedly "Next on the list" once again. Obviously, that's not the case somehow.

11. G17Collector

G17Collector Original "G"

I ordered a G18 mag with the extension on Oct. 14. Still haven't seen mine. To be honest, I'm not in dire straights for it. I ordered it as a novelty.

I am glad to see that Lone Wolf is shipping at random. I think I'll stick with Glockmeister. They may be higher in price, but you actually get what you order.

12. G17Collector

G17Collector Original "G"

UPDATE

I received notification that Lone Wolf sent my mag out yesterday. I should have it by the 14th.

If that holds true, the total time waiting is 2 months.

13. Brenden

Brenden Infidel

My order is still outstanding from them...G-18 mags...

Notified that G- 18s were avail from another site today and they were already out..;g

Hot item at this time...

I totally understand..:cool:

14. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

Update:
    lone wolf has no idea when my mags will be in..........they blame it on glock yet continue to advertise 2-3 weeks shipping!
    :(

15. ConservativeCCW

ConservativeCCW Member

Despite the challenge I had dealing with Rick (see above), I received my G18 magazine today.

Ordered 10/4. Received 12/10.

The sad thing is I would like to have received a couple G23 magazines with it, but Rick refused to add to the order. After this negative experience I will happily take my money elsewhere.

Side note... This is my second G18 magazine. I ordered my first from TopGlock just before the AWB expired. The TopGlock magazine came with a +2 extension and holds 33 rounds. The LoneWolf magazine does not have the extension and holds 31 rounds. YMMV!

16. Brenden

Brenden Infidel

Received my remaining G-18 mag today...A 31 rounder...

17. seanmcp

seanmcp CLM

Supposed to arrive 12/14.

18. mlmarion55

mlmarion55 1*

received conf. email W/tracking # from lone wolf today! They say it will be at my doorstep on 12-24
    merry x-mass to me :)

19. CORBON

CORBON

Put in an order for 3/ G-23 hi-caps
    1/ G-18 mag and 3/G-21 hi-cps
    I got the g-18 and the G-23 mags
    But the G-21 mags I have been waiting on since Oct 29 !!!
    Give me a break!!!
    If you don't know when your going to have more in stock,tell people,"Out Of Stock like CDNN investments does.
    Don't lead people on saying two to three weeks.I'm going on eight weeks and still my G-21 mags are not here.
    I love Lone Wolf and will order from them again,but they droped the ball on this one.

20. popnfresh

popnfresh

I ordered 2 10mm mags from them around sept. 20, and still nothing.;Q