Glock Talk banner

Problems with Glock 48

4984 Views 39 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  gary357magnum
Hello all, I bought my first glock yesterday, a glock 48 to be exact. I took it out of the box, oiled it, and went to the range today. On nearly every round the slide was sluggish to go into battery,and I had two light primer strikes on federal hydrashok ammo. Has anyone else had problems with the 48? And since I cant return it what can I do to make it function properly? It's supposed to be my carry gun but my first impressions say dont trust it.
Reactions: boilergonzo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
1,336 Posts
OP - were your light primer strikes, centered or off center?

According to my Glock Armorer's Manual:

probable causes for light centered strike - hard primer (since you mentioned Federal Hydrashok Ammo - I would rule this out), or obstructed firing pin channel.

probable causes for light off-centered strike - tight extractor, dirty gun, slide lock reversed or not beveled, weak recoil spring.

Since you mentioned that it is very sluggish to go into battery and if you are shooting with a locked wrist, I would look at the RSA.

I read the posts and I know that a dirty firing pin channel and RSA problem were already mentioned as possible causes. Also boilergonzo"s post about running some "hot" ammo has merit.

Trying to help with your trouble shooting...…….. This should be solvable. If not - back to Glock. Good luck

· Registered
1,336 Posts
Hey everybody, thanks so much for the help, I took it back to the range today, i found my "sluggish" return to battery is the gun has trouble going into battery with the trigger in the fire position. After the trigger was released, it would limp forward. I read on another post some glock 48s trigger bar was cut too sharp and needed rounded out. Does anyone know about this? I'm new to glocks and not 100% sure how to look for this problem.
OP - thoughts and suggestion: Quite a few individuals are trying to help on this forum but sometimes it's difficult. It's always easier for someone with experience with glocks to look at the firearm in person. Suggestion: find someone with experience to take a look. If you can't find someone, mention what state you're in and maybe someone will send a PM and offer to take a look or steer you towards someone (if you're comfortable with this). OR back to Glock.

Just my 2 cents...….

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.