Glock Talk banner

Problems with Glock 48

4984 Views 39 Replies 26 Participants Last post by  gary357magnum
Hello all, I bought my first glock yesterday, a glock 48 to be exact. I took it out of the box, oiled it, and went to the range today. On nearly every round the slide was sluggish to go into battery,and I had two light primer strikes on federal hydrashok ammo. Has anyone else had problems with the 48? And since I cant return it what can I do to make it function properly? It's supposed to be my carry gun but my first impressions say dont trust it.
Reactions: boilergonzo
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
6,687 Posts
Maybe it's the ammo. Why not try running some FMJ through it. See how it runs.

How's your grip? Gotta good grip?

How's it rack empty and magless? Maybe massage the slide, get the spring moving.

My 48 has been a pleasure. Its a good gun. Goldilocks size, not too big, not too small.

· Registered
6,687 Posts
It cant be my grip! It's never the shooters fault! Really though I'll be deep cleaning it, and massaging the slide per your advice, I think my problem is I was impatient and shot it practically straight out of the box before cleaning the factory gunk out of it
Yeah, my 48 worked straight out of the box, but my 19 tripped up out of the box. I was bummed out but went home, cleaned and oiled, worked the slide, went back the next day, and haven't had a hiccup since and I've probably put at least 1k rounds through it in the past 6-7 weeks. Clean, dirty, it just runs now.

I know you should clean and oil it first, but my FFL is also my range where I have a membership, so it's hard to pick up and walk away without shooting it while I'm there.

Got a Ruger Mk4 22/45 Lite same day and it ran like a champ out of the box and ever since. And that's the one I'd have expected to hiccup between the two. Probably put close to 1k through the Ruger too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.