close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

problems with corbon 115grn+P

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by jundeleon, Jul 20, 2004.

1. jundeleon

jundeleon

Any BOGs ever encountered problems with corbon ammo, particularly the 115grain +P?

My P99 would not cycle fully on these rounds. The round does not seat fully in the chamber, preventing the slide to close fully and back to battery.

Does it do the same thing on your glocks and other guns?

2. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

That's strange.

Have you checked or scratch marks sa brass ng ammo? Or does it do this only for the Corbon's?

3. AWMP

AWMP

Been carrying that load for a few years and never a problem. Used in g19 and g26.
    Contact Corbon direct, they have a good customer service.

4. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Doesn't happen on my G17 and Browning.

Have you also tried to drop in a cartridge into the barrel? Although i doubt that the corbons you have has case bulge.

5. paltic

paltic

saan moba nabili yang corbons mo? high quality bullets kasi ang corbons...baka kasi fake yan....depende sa store na binilhan mo?;g

nashe at urban ang nabilhan ko ng Original corbons lately...stay away from J__ro at T__inP__nes ...remanufactured fakes ang mga iyon at super LOW ang quality control...

6. jundeleon

jundeleon

Bought at Nashe.

It looks like the shape of the bullet snags somewhere inside the chamber. When I chamber a round, I have to tap the slide hard to close it fully. Extracting is even more difficult.

The corbons have bullets with a tapered cone and shoulder line, in contrast to the rounded profile of other hollowpoints like golden saber, federal premium, etc., and fmj rounds.

Armscor ammo, with its rounded bullet profile, functions flawlessly in my P99.

I gave the the Corbons to a friend and they functioned well in a Tanfoglio and Beretta.

7. mc_oliver

mc_oliver

Yung corbons ko naman dati dati pa, yung ulo umiikot sa basyo. Posted the problem here sa GT and corbon offered 2 for one replacements. Kaso location-wise 'di pede sa akin. The brass were all stamped cor-bon +p sa ilalim. So I guess bad batch lang talaga yung akin.

On the other hand, yung officemate ko, ang nakuha niyang batch had longer OAL than mine. Baka QC problem but it fed and shot fine sa FEG niya. Sana pala na-chrono namin...

8. flyboy 1

flyboy 1 Sir Yes Sir!!

9. Catbird

Catbird loves guns!

I'm not a BOGer, however I'd like to comment.

I used to use the CORBON 9mm 115 gr. +P ammo exclusively. I quit because I found it to be extremely inconsistant. From the same box of ammo, from the same gun, from the same magazine, some rounds would feel "normal", some would feel underpowered and some would feel (almost) doublecharged evidenced by a large fireball/flash, greater recoil and louder report.

I will shoot up my remaining supply of this ammo at the range and will NO longer carry it for self defense. YMMV.

Note: I only see this problem with the CORBON 9mm 115 gr. +P ammo; NOT all CORBON ammo.

10. 9MX

9MX Rei!

Catbird,

nice feedback! you're always welcome here