close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problems with Aunt

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by FullClip, Feb 4, 2010.

1. FullClip

FullClip NRA Benefactor CLM

Not sure what's gonna' happen here, but in my family, the nieces and nephews would do anything they could to help an aunt in need.

Guess things work differnt in other households.....:upeyes:

If it was your aunt, and you just "won" a million bucks for a Peace Prize, would you help out a relative????:whistling:

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/pres...i-onyango-fights-deportation/story?id=9741175

Obama's Kenyan Aunt Seeks Asylum Again, Awaits Ruling on Deportation
    President Obama's Kenyan aunt appeared before a U.S. immigration judge in Boston today, taking the stand for more than two-and-a-half hours to explain why she should not be deported.
    Zeituni Onyango, 57, is fighting a 2004 removal order by seeking asylum in this country, a status granted to those who cannot return home out of fear of being persecuted.
    But just what persecution Onyango claims to face and whether the judge will find her fears well-founded remains uncertain. The closed hearing concluded without a final decision by the judge, who now either can issue a decision in the coming months or continue the case on May 25.
    Onyango first applied for asylum in 2002 "due to violence in Kenya," but was denied and ordered to leave the country.
    Instead of returning home, the woman who helped raise the president's half brothers and sister in Kenya and whom Obama affectionately referred to as "Auntie Zeituni" in his memoir has remained illegally in Boston, living in subsidized public housing.
    Onyango arrived at the courthouse in a wheelchair, and Mike Rogers, a spokesman for her lawyer, Margaret Wong, said Onyango's medical conditions would be part of the case. Two doctors also were expected to testify

2. nam02G

nam02G First throwing ax bullseye.

He probably recognizes that any action on his part would scream nepotism and wants to avoid the criticism that would bring. Doesn't matter though. She's already lived here illegally for eight years. And no low level government functionary wants to be the guy to force the presidents aunt to leave the country.

3. silentpoet

silentpoet

**** I wish I was the judge so I could send her *** packing.

4. john58

john58 BHO is a LIAR!

She just wants to freeload here. Send her packing, her nephew is a hero in the homeland. She has nothing to worry about.

5. moncoacp

moncoacp

i had an aunt that was a problem. I put those little aunt buttons on the floor, she ate several and we stuck her in the backyard.

6. NH Trucker

NH Trucker Needs coffee...

Since Boston's a sanctuary city and their left wing city and state governments won't want to upset "the chosen one", she'll probably just stay and live in tax-payer funded housing.

I personally would love to see Obama's crimigraunt deported!

7. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

Agreed. This is why Reagan did nothing about his grandson, Clinton did nothing about his brother and Bush did nothing about his niece. HH

8. LongGoneDays

LongGoneDays Misanthropical

Obviously, I can't stand the guy. But I won't fault him if he uses his position to help her. One more illegal isn't going to destroy democracy.

9. silentpoet

silentpoet

At what point does it become too many? Seems to me we got this way because of the attitude of many out there that "well it is just one more illegal".