close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

problems with a norinco 1911 from marksman gun store

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by zorkd, Dec 21, 2004.

1. zorkd

zorkd

for some reason, (bad quality control, probably), the norinco 1911 i got from marksman had the lower grip screw on the right side fall off, i tried screwing it back on but the thread is loose, marksman won't fix it even if it's within their 1 year warranty, no surprise really, but they should have just said that they don't have warranties.

question, will the armscor grip screw bushings fit on a norinco? i just want it fixed as cheaply as possible

2. paltik45

paltik45

If the threads are not worn out you can use "RED LOCTITE" works better than staking. Be sure to degrease the thread area for good results. Trust me I completed three(3) receivers with this method:cool:

3. zorkd

zorkd

ok, i'll ask around who has some, the threads seem to be really worn out though, the screw just drops out...doesn't even tighten at all

4. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

Zorkd

The grip screw bushing is the only part on the Norinco that won't accept standard aftermarket ones. The thread dimension/diameter is different, probably because of dimensional unit used ( mm / inch ).

Go with Paltik45's advice.:)

5. paltik45

paltik45

I just forgot to tell you that the Norinco's are using Metric threads and the most "Mil-spec" 1911's are using inch threads. Actually there are several options left but they are either expensive or technicaly chalenging. The next step is getting an oversize grip bushing, that is if you can get there in Pinas. Next would be BRAZING (hinang sa tagalog) then drilling & tapping the hole and this one can be done by gunsmith. If you live around the Metro Manila area you can check with Metrillo, Col. Bayang. If you are near cubao check with Reliable arms and look for Joel.( I dont know if they are still in business.) Goodluck Sir, I know its a pain.;)

6. horge

horge -=-=-=-=- Lifetime Member

Reliable is still there :)
    I think they charge only P250 up per job.

7. paltik45

paltik45

Huh!! thats good. When I was there last year they told me that they might close their business. But I guess they pulled through from their crisis.

8. Hermo Gut

Hermo Gut

By the way, anybody knows where could I find Norinco 1911 parts, esp. extractor. Baka mag nagbebenta riyan, bilhin ko na.;)