close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problems using Firefox

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by srwm4, Mar 4, 2010.

1. srwm4

srwm4

For some reason, when I try to view this forum using the Mozilla Firefox browser, only about 50% of the links work. I keep getting 503 Service Unavailable errors, specifically "The server is temporarily busy, try again later!"

But when I try the same links using Internet Explorer, it seems to work fine - not a single error.

Anyone else getting this? Any idea what's wrong/when it will be fixed? I HATE using IE, please don't make me! :crying:

Thanks!

2. DJ Niner

DJ Niner Moderator

Eric, the site owner, recently posted that he thinks this problem is being caused by a rare combination of certain computers running certain versions of Firefox, his high-speed server, and the special software the server is running. He and his server maintenance folks are working on it, but they still haven't isolated exactly what is causing the glitch..

I'm using Firefox 3.5.8, and I haven't had any problems, so if you can upgrade or downgrade to that version it MAY solve the problem, but there are no guarantees, of course.

Sorry I couldn't be more helpful. He's aware of the problem, the headaches it is causing, and is working diligently to solve it.