close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problems- pages slow, freezing, etc.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by MB-G26, Feb 28, 2004.

1. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

It's probably something on my end, but is anyone else experiencing any of these:
    1. Pages seem to freeze after only the green contest banner displays.
    2. Have to repeated "refresh" to get page loading to happen (to 'continue' as it were, although actually the whole page has to reload from scratch/cache)
    3. Not getting the ActiveX notify boxes until after multiple refreshes.
    4. Status bar constantly freezing at exactly 1 cm. in size - and everything just hangs until "refresh" again.

I noticed this start yesterday or the day before, and it's not let up. The FW logs don't seem to indicate the problem.

Anybody else and/or any ideas?
    Thanks!
    m

2. rotorhead

rotorhead

I'm having slower response then I used to get.Paging down or up "ratchets" instead of seamless.Pages are slow to come up also.I've defragged and checked hard drive and dumped shortterms,still does the same......?????Maybe just busy site.

3. MB-G26

MB-G26 Non-existent STUPID GURL Lifetime Member

Well, I've checked for spyware, run the appropriate registry utilities, etc., and I have the same problem. It's taken nearly 5 minutes of refreshing, clicking ActiveX notices, refreshing, refreshing, reclicking, reclicking..... just to get back to this one thread.

In email Eddie indicated there are a lot of people having access problems..... whether they are they same as what I'm experiencing, who knows... In any event, it has literally become hand-to-hand combat w/the machine JUST to get to a forum, any forum. It's incredibly frustrating.... it's literally become WORK just to get in to GT. I'm finding that after about a half hour of fighting to get the pages to load w/out stalling out, etc., I am just giving up out of sheer frustration.

The FW logs indicate the machine is NOT blocking GT IP numbers, so I'm at a loss. ;T

Not that anybody's gonna be reading this, but at least it will explain why I'm not here, don't answer PMs, etc. Anybody that needs to get ahold of me, send an email and include an email to reply to you with because I may well not be able to even get in to GT at all, much less get to the PM section, etc.

This is really bumming me out. ;1 ;M
    Later, I guess.
    m

4. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

MB-G26, you are the only person I have heard complain of this problem. The amount of traffic on the site is the same or higher than it has been in past weeks. If this were a widespread problem, I would expect the amount of people on the site to drop off. Also, when this kind of problem occurs, I get TONS of email about it. I haven't received a single email complaining of site loading problems, since we brought the two new T-1's online. I wish I had better news for you. If you can think of anything that you think might be causing the problem, please let me know. I will keep checking on this end. Eric

5. lwt210

lwt210

I also am having problems as described above. I thought it may be something on my end but no other site is giving me problems like GT is.

Very slow loads and most of the time, I just give up out of frustration. Also, the PM function is giving me grief.

6. Glock30fan

Glock30fan Cmbt Tupperware

Same problem as above. Very frustrating. Something to do with prompting for the Active X controls, maybe?

7. lwt210

lwt210

Yeah, it seems like an Active X problem...whatever that means.

My computer throws up a thingie about my Active X settings being too high and that the page might load incorrectly.

Anybody know if it is safe to change those settings? Really starting too miss the times that I spent checking out things on this site.

8. Skyhook

Skyhook

I had exactly the same problem- the GT page would only load past the green banner abou the contest, then it woul;d freeze- TexasT from the Aviation Forum set me right.
    What I did was to go to IE 'Tools', 'options', then found something which dumped all the cache.. That made my machine do what it always did and although I had to punch in my passwords at all my fav sites, it was worth it.
    Hope this is some help.