close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problems after 3.5 Connector?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Lee84101, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Lee84101

Lee84101

Hey guys,

I installed a LWD 3.5 connector on my gen3 g26 and my gen4 g17 last night and took both to the range today to try them out. I put 100 rounds of 155gr pmc through each. The g26 was throwing brass at my face pretty bad and never done so before. The g17 would didn't have this issue but the slide would not lock after final shot about 70% of the time. I was wondering if anyone can help me out and tell me some things to try and fix these problems? Both of these guns are fairly new with around 1000 rounds through each. I almost always use this ammo and have never had these issues once until I installed the connectors. I would like and try to fix this without having to put the stock connector back on. Thanks

2. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

PMC 115-gr, with a velocity of only 1,135fps, is very weak ammo. Try some Winchester USA.

3. bentbiker

bentbiker

Neither problem is related to your connector. Failure to lock back is probably your thumb hitting the slide stop lever during recoil. Put one round in a mag and fire left-handed; repeat until you are satisfied that it must be your thumb when firing right handed. As for the erratic ejection, there are many threads on this with the 9mm guns. If it is not caused by a weak grip, you may need the new ejector and/or extractors -- not unusual for the problem to show up after working well for 200 - 5000 rds.

4. ca survivor

ca survivor

delete, covered ^^^^^

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  5. Lee84101

Lee84101

I will try to watch my thumb. I put the extended slide release on too so that makes sense. I know that is weaker round but I haven't had that issue before. It's just odd I started having the ejection issues after I installed the connector

6. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

you forgot to mention the EXTENDED SLIDE RELEASE in the original post.