Problems accessing acct on O.B.

Discussion in 'Announcements & Support' started by Vic303, Feb 9, 2004.

1. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

Eric, I can't seem to get Outdoor Bidur to let me back into my account, ever since it came of Beta testing. I've reacquired my password, but now it says I have to get the activation letter. When I click your link to regenerate that letter, it says sorry, your user id is already in use...please email me what I need to do to fix this problem.
    Thanks!
    Vicky
    vic303

2. Eric

Eric Big Giant Head Staff Member Admin Silver Member

OK, I fixed the problem. I appreciate you bringing this to my attention.

When we changed over to the new software, it was not possible to move over the old passwords. The passwords are encrypted, so I do not know what anyone's unecrypted password was, and the two software systems use different encryption keys, so just copying over the encrypted passwords wouldn't have worked. I stuck random passwords in everyone's account. It is a simple matter to look up your password though. Just click on the following link: http://outdoorbidur.com/cgi-bin/auction/lostpass.pl and enter your user name and email address. Your new password will be emailed to you. Thanks. Eric

3. quantico

quantico 1911 lover Millennium Member

I keep getting an error message when I enter my user name and email address that it is not in the system...it won't send me a password. I also can't find a way to start a new account that will take info. Please let me know how to get into the system.

4. Vic303

Vic303 Senior Member

Eric, thanks, it is working now & I was able to access my OB account info. I guess the 2nd password did it.:)
    --Vicky