Problem With Secure (SSL) Pages

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by vanderson, Aug 1, 2007.

1. vanderson

vanderson Guest

Ever since last weekend when my kid was on the computer I am no longer able to go to Secure (SSL) Pages. I had GeekSquad come and try and fix it but after 3 hours and $285 later all they did was install this Firefox thing but I need IE for certain websites that this Firefox doesn't load. Any ideas?

2. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

3. vanderson

vanderson Guest

I tried it. I right click and go view in IE and it pops up and tries to load and then goes to an error page for the secure SSL https page. :(

4. EAJuggalo

EAJuggalo

just to make sure, you've already run anti-virus, spyware and adware checks? And looked at the internet options in Control Panel?

5. vanderson

vanderson Guest

Yeah I have norton for 3 years pre-paid from when i bought it and spyware was run with GeekSquad and they said they uninstalled IE7 and reinstalled it. I hate computers! I cant do paypal with internet explorer anymore gotta use firefox

6. Singlemalt

Singlemalt In the rough

What happens when you attempt to go to an SSL page? Do you get a specific error?

7. vanderson

vanderson Guest

No specific error at all just says that it could not connect to page because of a number of possibly reasons like internet connection, dns problems, or SSL problem. But in Firefox it works fine.