Glock 17 Problem with my G17 post 3.5lb connector install??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by xrmattaz, May 10, 2004.

Tags:
  1. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

I recently installed the 3.5lb factory connector without a hitch...I thought. Seems as though the trigger bar hangs up on the slide a bit upon reassembly...? I'm thinking it is the upper portion of the trigger bar that interfaces with the right rear portion of the side cover plate? Or am I getting the terminology wrong??

Anywhoooo...this little silvery colored part is sticking up higher than it did stock, and higher than on my G22. Installation of the AA .22 conversion today went without a hitch on the G22, but locked up bad on the G17. It went on with a bit of push, but then could NOT pull the trigger in order to disassemble the slide from frame. I finally got the .22 slide off, but it took some work.

Help...please!!!

;P

2. RandySmith

RandySmith

I can guess at what you are trying to ask, but that would be about it. Look on glockmeister.com or topglock.com at a picture of the parts with the correct terminology and ask your question again.

Randy

3. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Take a look at the silvery coloured part just above the rear sliderails..G22 is forward, G17 in the rear. Sticks up much further...no?? Did I assemble something wrong?

Did the addition of the 3.5lb connector create this??

I just hate it when terminology just doesn't come to mind, as in this case....pic is worth one thousand words.

4. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Who's 3.5# connector did you install, Glock or aftermarket?

5. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

This particular connector came to my shop from Brownell's.

I'm not sure who made it...??? Am I looking at a portion of the connector or the upper portion of the trigger bar? Gettin' confused.

6. Fireglock

Most likely Scherer. From the photo it looks higher than the stock part. Try putting your stock connector back in and see if the problem goes away. That's a pretty good way to check if the connector is the problem.

7. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

Hmmm, you said in your original post that you'd installed a "3.5# factory disconnector (sic)..."

If you'll look the part up on Brownell's website, you'll see who the manufacturer is. On the other hand, if you remove the connector and discover an "S" on the bottom, it's definitely a Scherer. I've installed a bunch of Scherer connectors with no failures so far. They're my preferred connector, along with the Ghost Ultimate.

Is the trigger housing completely down in the frame? Hard to tell from the pics. Could you have left it high and just put the pin in under the housing? I've never heard of that being done before, but people do the darndest things! :)

8. RandySmith

RandySmith

The connector is sticking up too high.

Take it out and compare with the factory part. Is the new one longer?

I cannot imagine any way this part could be installed incorrectly and look like what you have.

Randy

9. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Hmmmm....did I really say "disconnector"?? Someone must have edited my post! 8^)

I'll take her back apart tomorrow, checking to see if I missed something, which was my initial thought. "Factory" being a relative term...didn't know quite what to call it...came from Brownell's, tho.

Getting late here, but will certainly check the orientation of the trigger housing manana.

Thanks for all the input!

10. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

The "new" connector is most definitely "longer"! I saw that whilst first unwrapping from the package....she sticks way up there!

Creating problems when installing the stock slide as well as the AA conversion, no???!

11. Fireglock

Send it back. Do a search for RAZ and buy a factory Glock 3.5 from him. The price is not bad, the connector is a Glock.

12. RandySmith

RandySmith

Mystery solved.

Pictures are worth WAY more than a thousand words - sometimes.

Randy

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Your Brownell's connector is oversized for sure. There is no way to install a connector and make it stick out that far. Re-install the original and send the 3.5 back for a refund or replacement. Another reliable scource for factory 3.5's is www.lonewolfdist.com

14. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Thank you to all!!

I just took the offensive connector out and reinstalled the stocker, and all is good! The AA fits right on there, now.

I'll take the "Brownell purchased" connector back to my gunshop buddy manana.

Again, your help was mas mucho appreciado!

15. WalterGA

WalterGA Millennium Member

So, did the offending part have an "S" on the bottom?

16. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Nope. No "S" or any other markings on it.

I don't know who produced this leetle bastidge...but it's going back tomorrow.

17. Fireglock

Did you get a trigger spring with it? It might be an Alchemy Arms, not noted for functionality.

18. xrmattaz

xrmattaz

Took the offensive connector back today, it WAS indeed the Alchemy Arms bastidge. Apparently, Brownells had no mas Ghost nor Scherer connectors to send my dealer, so shipped these instead. My buddy pulled the dozen off the shelf to be returned to Brownells...they have shipped the "now in stock" Scherer units.

Are the Scherers AOK?

:)

19. Glock4Life

Glock4Life

I use Scherer exclusively. I've had nothing but success with them.

20. Fireglock

Some folks like the Scherers and seem to have no trouble. If you're going to shoot GSSF matches get a Glock, otherwise I wouldn't worry about it. :)