close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Problem with grip on Glock 35

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by mattmcg, Jul 19, 2006.

1. mattmcg

mattmcg

I'm hoping for a bit of guidance and advice for a grip problem I'm having with my Glock 35. I know that I should have both thumbs pointing toward the target (I'm a righty, so left thumb under right thumb). My problem is that when I do this, I am messing with the slide release and accidentally hold it down once the last round is fired causing it to go back into battery! The G35 has an extended slide release with a little nubby on the end of it which I like tremendously but is is definitely getting in the way.

Have others experienced this? How were your hands positioned to avoid this issue? Should I just deal with it going back into battery?

2. Joe D

Joe D Guest

First thing I remove from a G35 is the extended slide stop.

3. Steve Koski

Steve Koski Got Insurance? Millennium Member

Matt,

Try this: Don't lock your thumbs down, just let them hang more or less free. That's what I do.

Koski

4. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

I like the extended slide release and have had no problems with it, but it isn't as important as proper grip. If you have a good grip, change to a standard slide release, if not, get your grip right before you decide whether to change.

Also, as Koski said, don't lock your thumbs down - most of the pressure should come from your palms/heel of hand and support hand fingers - locking down the thumb will just make you squeeze too hard.

5. Speedrock

Speedrock "To The Point"

Well, the way Brian Enos developed the thumbs fwd. grip, they don't actually provide any pressure to or on the pistol. Try relaxing them enough that they don't move and are not in contact with the frame or slide, etc. Maybe concentrating just stacking them on top of ea. other will help?

6. Flexmoney

Flexmoney

Lose the extended slide lock/release. Replace it with the stock version.