Problem with Calvin Stathem-Weapon Worx

Discussion in 'Business Forum' started by Peeshooter, Jan 16, 2017.

1. Peeshooter

Peeshooter

I'm looking for anyone having issues with Calvin and are still trying to get their gun back or a refund. Currently I'm in contact with the ATF and am about to go to the local authorities to report my glock stolen. I believe there's power in numbers and would be interested in other victims getting together to make a case. He's advertising on social media his new projects at the company he is at now. I believe he has unfinished business to attend to before continuing other projects. So, please private message me or reply and we can get this ball rolling.

N8RV and mc1911 like this.
  2. BOTD

BOTD

I'm in the same boat, he's had my G17 for a year and a half. Whatever personal or professional issues he has or had, there's no excuse for that. The money for the work was paid in advance. At one point he texted me regarding a new number and that the old one was no longer in use but he has failed to respond to the last 3 texts I sent to that number. Like you I am about to report my gun stolen/have a chat with ATF. What is his new company?

N8RV likes this.

3. dannny

dannny

hey guys. Well i am glad i decided to check on here again for any more victims. I've been dealing with this scumbag for 2 years this month. still trying to get my refund, i got my pistol back a few months back after 18 months. message me, i know where he lives, his number, his employer. I'm tired of him and want to end all of this already, so lets gather the masses and take this fraud down!

N8RV likes this.
  4. Walker Colt

Walker Colt

He has had my Glock since June 2015. He hasn't responded to my messages in a few months.

N8RV likes this.
  5. Bigdog4616

Bigdog4616

Have the same problem with this ******* 2 years to refinish my xds. tracked him to his brothers place in fl now disappered

N8RV likes this.
  6. Bigdog4616

Bigdog4616

same stuff with me has my money has my pistol and nothing after 2 years whaqt do we do?

N8RV likes this.
  7. Bigdog4616

Bigdog4616

same problem 2 years now poof disappeared. at a loss

N8RV likes this.
  8. Bigdog4616

Bigdog4616

y
    yep same **** 2 years my money my pistol and bamm nothing. sucks

N8RV likes this.
  9. Bigdog4616

Bigdog4616

yep same **** need help with this guy

N8RV likes this.
  10. dannny

dannny

Big Dog, sorry you've had the displeasure of dealing with this scum bag like the rest of us. Anyways, he is in FL. Pensacola to be exact. He started a new business with 3 other guys. PFC Industries LLC. Google his complete name and the company name and all his info will pop up as public info. House address as well. Report him to the ATF and local authorities to get your firearm back at least. Your money, well you'll be in the same boat I am. Contacting him unrelentless hopefully he caves and does the right thing and refunds you. He's lied to me saying he sent money orders but got lost in the mail. He won't report them lost and pay the $5 to have them reissued so I'm sure there was never any money orders. I'm about to hit him with a small claims. All that can be done and go after the money that way.

N8RV likes this.
  11. BOTD

BOTD

He has been given until the last day of this month to have my gun in my hand or else. "Stolen firearm" etc.. pensacola PD to his doorstep or that of his company or both. I agree that small claims is the way to go on this guy for the money, file in your jurisdiction, get the default judgement when he doesn't show, turn it over to a collection agency in Florida. Name his company as well, make them spend the time/money to defend a filing in your state. You may still never see your money, but between all of us and the internet, we can blackball this guy for life in the gun business. I never forget a scumbag thief.

N8RV likes this.
  12. BOTD

BOTD

Panhandle Firearms and Coatings, shop address is 439 S. Hwy 29 Ste #4 Cantonment FL. 32533 Phone number is (850) 679-4368. email is [email protected]. According to the website (www.pfccoatings.com) they are a Type 07 licensee, so contact ATF about the fact that they employ a known thief/con man in their business. Report your firearm stolen to ATF, their Firearms Theft Hotline is 888-930-9275. If you are an FFL as I am, it is a Federal offense to steal a firearm from an FFL Licensee. Also report the theft to the Pensacola PD at (850) 435-1720 and the Escambia County Sheriff's Office at (850) 587-2142.

N8RV likes this.
  13. dannny

dannny

Yes, exactly what everyone should do. At the end of the day our goal as a whole should be to ruin this dirt bag's credit both financially and verbal. I wish I could have talked with with Jesse James sooner about his HK USP that he had Calvin do that he bragged about and showed off as his masterpiece, little does anyone know that the HK USP was a piece of crap and fell apart in Jesse's hands first time attempting to use it. That's coming from Jesse James himself. Had i known that i would have never trusted him with my firearm. Anyways, we should make it a mission to ruin this guy. The whole being a US Army Vet respect goes out the window when he takes advantage or other vets, LEOs, and hard working civilians money. screw this guy!!

N8RV and BOTD like this.
  14. Peeshooter

Peeshooter

I'm going to hit him hard and consistent until I get my gun back. ATF was notified. Local is next. Then his co-owners. I am going to harass to no end. I will not stop until my gun is back and his name is ****.

N8RV likes this.
  15. Peeshooter

Peeshooter

So I was able to google PFC and find out that there are multiple owners. The main owner is a paramedic that owns another tactical business and another is a volunteer firefighter. I wonder how they are going to feel when the locals and ATF knock on their door looking for a felon business associate?

N8RV likes this.
  16. BOTD

BOTD

Hey guys, just to let you all know I got my gun back. The work was nice, all I had done was frame mods. Poorly packed though, wrapped in paper in a small flat rate box and a nice ding right on the left rear corner of my rear sight. $150 Triji's.....Not his fault of course......if you pack it like that, yeah, it is....he does nice work, but there's plenty of others who do as well. If there's any doubt, there is no doubt.....

N8RV likes this.
  17. Peeshooter

Peeshooter

So after blowing him up on a page on Facebook a few friends of his tagged him and I was contacted by Calvin. He did indeed have my gun. As an apology he is painting it and returning it to me within a few days. He sent pics as proof and is making it right with me.

N8RV likes this.
  18. N8RV

N8RV

Thanks for providing this info. I gave my G17 to Calvin in March of 2015, along with payment, for some custom work to be done. His time estimate for completion came and went, and I knew from other customers' complaints that he was running far behind because of some health issues.

Fast-forward a year (or two) -- phone conversations with him and myriad excuses, with assurances that he had my pistol in the queue for work. When I last talked with him, I mentioned that my only recourse is to contact the ATF and he said that he wanted to call and talk about making it right with me. That call never came.

Now, thanks to this post, I have the info to pursue the matter with the BATFE and, at the very least, keep him from ripping off other trusting customers. He is nothing more than a two-bit thief and con artist, and not a very good one at that.

19. dannny

dannny

if you want I can provide you with his home address, his business partners personal info. His wife's info... anything so you can get your firearm back from this POS.

20. N8RV

N8RV

Thanks, Danny, but I'll try a call to the Sheriff's office in Florida first. Unfortunately, according to the BATFE website, "**** ATF does not take reports of stolen firearms from private citizens ****"
    That leads me to believe that the abovementioned hotline to report stolen guns is for FFL-holders only.

I just thought I'd post my story here to add another story to the list. Apparently some have had luck pressuring Calvin into at least sending back their guns, but others have been lied to and left hanging (like me.)

UPDATE: I just called the Sheriff's department there in Escambia County and was told that the only way I can initiate any investigation is to contact my LOCAL police and file a report. Then, IF it's deemed worthy, a warrant will be issued and the issue can be pursued there in Florida.

Hope that helps.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2017