Problem w/ Guide Rod Spring?

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by billyblooshoes, Feb 10, 2010.

1. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes

so i was cleaning my G26 today, and when i put the slide back on and racked it all the way back and let it slide forward, the guide rod was sticking out about a quarter inch or so. i should have taken a picture, but i didnt think of it at the time. with it sticking out, i could not get the slide back off. after a while of fiddling, i decided to place the front of the guide rod flat on a table and press the gun downwards, which with some force did indeed force the guide rod back into its proper place. i was then able to remove the slide again with no problems. i've had this happen a couple times, and today i noticed that it seems to me like the spring is sitting a little too far up on the top of the rod. im no glock expert, but this is the only thing i can find or figure that could be causing this. here are some pics for reference:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. AK47Man

AK47Man Expert Marksman

I would buy a new one. It should not be doing this.

3. SCC

SCC just me

It looks wet ? did you oil it
    call glock and they will send you a new one ...

4. billyblooshoes

billyblooshoes

there was some residual oil on it, but i dont attribute that to being the cause as its happened before while dry. ill have to give them a call tomorrow.