Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Still alive
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I decided to take my 2 week old G17 apart, I installed a Wolf 4# striker spring, extended mag release, ghost 3.5# trigger bar and a extended mag release. The mag release is where all of the problems started. Here is the stock and extended mag release

..and what the stock one looks like after I reinstalled it

Obviously something went wrong and I can't figure it out, when I tried to install the extended stop I could install one of the pins perfectley but the other would be off by a fraction of an inch but it was enough for that pin (either one) to not go through.

Any ideas?

·
Banned
2,504 Posts
I have seen that one a few times. It looks like the spring is caughtup on the wrong side of the block pin, the smaller pin. Just take a look as it is now and you will see it caught on the pin.......

Most of the time you can take a small punch and just push it to the side until it falls into place..

·
Registered
86 Posts
Take both pins out, left side of gun to right side. Remove slide stop lever. Install top pin right side of gun to left (assuming the locking block and trigger assembly were already in). Put slide stop lever into its slot. Start bottom pin from right. Wiggle the slide stop lever up down/forward/backward as you push the pin through.

If you put the slide stop in before the top pin, the attached spring can block the pin's path. So top pin in, slide stop next so the spring is pushed down by the top pin, then bottom pin. The wiggling is just to help the bottom pin find the hole in the slide stop lever.

That should work.

P.S., the popcorn gallery can leave me alone about the nomenclature. Long day and it's late.

PM me if this makes no sense.

J

·
G One NINER
434 Posts
your photos are of the ESS not the mag release BTW..
Anyway:

Glock OEM Factory Extended Slide Release Lever for models 17.17L.34 **New Glocks may have 3 disassembly pins and require part # 7496 instead

the 7496, is the SAME exact thing as what you have minus the notch... trust me just dremel that badboy off. ive done it on several occasions where people have bought the wrong one. Also Glock in Symrna GA has advised this is a SAFE practice and the only difference in the two is the pointed spike. Dremel Away my man.

If you require SOUND proof of this from Glock feel free to call.

tell them you have part # 7489 in hand, and your trying to put it in a 3 pin g17. yours is a 3 pin as you have 2 pins above the trigger and one in the grip.
what you would need technically is a part # 7496.
witch can be "MADE" by cutting/grinding off the notch/Spike. simple as that.. but verify this with a tech at glock if you have any doubts.
GLOCK U.S.A.
Tel.: +1 770 - 432 1202

see link for what im trying to explain.

http://glockstore.com/pgroup_descrip/7_Parts+&;+Accessories/2646_Glock+Extended+Slide+Stop+Lever/

·
Still alive
789 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I got it now, thanks!!

·
Registered
20 Posts
Yeah, had the same problem when I bought one for my G21.
Chop the spike off and it will work fine.
The thumb rest edge may still catch the slide if your Glock is a large caliber one, use the pliers to make it stick a bit more to the outside.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts