close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pro Mag..

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by Folsom_Prison, Mar 20, 2012.

1. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Can't say I've seen any of you guys mention them on here. I've read about the KCI mags and have one.

Your guy's thoughts on pro mag? More so their hi cap 9mm mag.

Thanks!

2. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

I would recommend the KCI over the ProMag. Yes there are some people that have had issues, but mine has been really good. I bought 4 from CDNN at like $7 each, worth it for range mags and for taking a betting practicing reloads.

ProMag has let down in other guns as well. Cost to functionality ratio, KCI or try to get some old Glock mags in the classifieds.

:50cal:

3. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

There is ONE particular Pro-Mag variation to avoid like Bubonic Plague!

In the run-up to the '94 ban, the Pro-Mag people were producing mags with NO STEEL LINER WHATSOEVER! Just the molded plastic shell. You could squeeze the sides with one hand and pop rounds out of the feedlips. Pro-Mags from that era that DID have the metal liners were at least vaguely functional; the unlined ones were disasters, and still are occasionally found at shows.

4. trekgod3

trekgod3 Quad-Glocker

Based on my personal experience with Promag Star Firestar M45 mags, I can say PROMAG= "Please Remember Our Mags Are Garbage"

5. DocWills

DocWills

There are a lot of good aftermarket mags.pro is not one of them Everybody tries promag, national, and usa for example at some point. There are some more. I would stay with the original equipment mags for serious stuff. I bought 25 kci mags and all are running but one.They are practically speaking glock equivilent.

I am hoping for other glock aftermarket mags but most can not beat the glock price point per unit. Even KCI is running close if you do not shop.

Used police or other mags would be a good buy.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2012
  6. Folsom_Prison

Folsom_Prison Brew Crew

Thanks for the input guys!

7. gunsmithlee

gunsmithlee

I so gotta throw in another bashing on promag... I've had promag for everything from my Mini-14 to my CZ-75 and I can say they are utter JUNK. They are made out of low quality sheet metal, un-heat treated, no of weapon quality, have VERY LOOSE tolerances with huge variance in feed lips. Not to meantion they pretty much have NO WARRANTY if you've ever actually tried to send one back.

KCI is a fair quality. No its not on par with OEM, but its definitely the next best thing. In my experience a little bit of trimming excess plastic inside the tube with sandpaper or an exacto knife really improves reliability. I had bad luck trying to use them with dawson and arrendondo extended basepads.

Glock magazines are fairly cheap and very plentiful. I honestly don't see any reason to go with anything else.

8. roadkill46

roadkill46

if you gave me any type of promag it would get thrown in the scrap metal barrel to be recycled immediately. pure junk. i'll buy the korean's all day, only blew the bottom out of one mag and that was my error since it had a flange on it that would not let it seat in my 19 so i took a dremel to it and took a little too much off the lip that holds the bottom plate on. went shooting this past weekend, put that mag in the pistol to fire and all the rounds fell out the bottom! only found about 4 rounds in the soft desert sand, glad they were WWB or i'd be pissed.

9. tcallre

tcallre

Promag should of restarted under another name if they wanted to be a serious player in the magazine producer business. At best a range mag to practice malfunction drills.

10. MikeG36

MikeG36

It all depends what the mag is going to be used for. I personally don't trust Promag enough to use them for duty / CCW. My mag choices would be as follows:

Duty / CCW:
    Glock: Glock.
    1911: Tripp Research, Wilson Combat
    Sig: Sig, Mec Gar.
    S&W: S&W, Mec Gar

Competition: See Above.

Target:
    Anything goes as long as it works and doesn't *damage my gun. (*Like metal mags against a plastic release.) I have a Korean 30 rounder that is great for the range but if SHTF I'd grab the genuine Glock mag.

11. DocWills

DocWills

I left off triple k, oh my goodness. The other fellow left off act mag, they run good.

12. allegro

allegro

For SD purposes, PLEASE stay with OE parts.

13. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member CLM

:rofl: