close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prize gun question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by mike g35, Jul 31, 2012.

1. mike g35

mike g35

My prize gun from the Dayton match arrived at my local gun shop today, a Gen 4 G34. It's a red (pink) label, came with three mags. I thought prize guns were always blue label and came with two. Is that so or is it just the pistol purchase coupon guns that must be blue label???:dunno:

2. Noponer

Noponer

The purchase program gives blue label guns... with 3 mags (except sub-compacts). GSSF match awards (shipped from Glock) are not blue label; they are red (now pink) with 2 high-cap mags or white with 2 ten-round mags.

All Gen4's come with 3 mags, however.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012

3. OMF64

OMF64

WOW man, Congratulations. All of my prize glocks came with the red/pinkish colored lable. I asked one of the GSSF folks at one of our matches out here and was told that "the glocks with those labels came from a special reserve for very special people". Way to go, great job.

Cisco

4. mdisher

mdisher

All I know is that if you got that from the Dayton 2012 match and you already have the gun, that's gotta be a record ;)

5. SARDG

SARDG

Yep, that's why GSSF says that the wait could be up to 150 days for an award gun! :shocked: I like that "very special people" line though! :embarassed:

I simply send in my certificate(s) and put it out of my mind, or I'd drive myself silly.

Last edited: Jul 31, 2012
  6. mike g35

mike g35

Yep, didn't take nearly as long as I thought it would. Ordered some new sights for it already and I plan to shoot it in Beckley. I decided to try some Advantage Tactical freaky looking weird triangular sights on this one since I got them at a good price. Working at Cabelas sure does come in handy if you're after good discounts on your outdoor gear. I bought a $300 Spyderco knife last week for $140!!!!!!:supergrin:

7. SARDG

SARDG

I ordered a set of those in anticipation of my G26 and installed them right away when it came in.

Began sight-in at ~12 yds with sight base but no shims in front sight - POI was about 2" above POA. Added a little shim - same! Added all the shims - same!

Re-read instructions. (Hey, I'm okay with that. :)) Left the range scratching my head with sights essentially 4" high at 25yds. :dunno:

8. mike g35

mike g35

SARDG if I keep shooting the way I did in Marietta it won't matter. You have to shoot to your POA accurately to see if your POI is correct. Geez.....I'm screwed. LOL:faint::rofl:
    But seriously thanks for the heads up. Got mine dirt cheap so if I don't like them my loss will be minimal.

9. SARDG

SARDG

I like the sight picture - but I need to try them under duress. :) I can't figure this out yet, but I'm going back to the range tomorrow...

10. mike g35

mike g35

I'll let you know how mine perform after I get them on the gun in the next couple days. Might need to compare notes. :)

11. kyglockshooter 2.0

kyglockshooter 2.0

dam man your lucky, i won a random drawing gun and seeing as i am not 21 :crying: yet they wanted to give me a bond. well no way in any reality was i going to have to wait for the bond to reach maturity value, so i transfered the gun to my dad seeing as he is 21 (well slightly a bit older) so that he could recieve the weapon. well just this paper work took a week or two, then waiting to recieve the voucher to give to the shop to get then gun..then waiting for them to mail it. it just a tiny bit, and my dad recieved a g26 which he now carries so i dont think i shall be owning that gun ever. which is fine seeing as how he has payed for most all the other weapons and ect, and has allowed me the opportunity to shoot so im glad he carries hopefully he thinks of me haha. well anyway congrats man your lucky to have got it that quick

12. JTSmith

JTSmith Œgfdrïńëçł

Glock must have just finished up a batch because I picked up my Gen4 G34 today too! I mailed the certificate off on May 31st, so it was exactly 2 months. Test fire was 7-20-12 TGKxxx.

And I was super excited too when I saw the red label. My brother has the "stripped down" blue label 34 and I really expected the same.

Now maybe, just maybe, with the super long sight radius, adjustable sights, and "-" connector, I will actually be able to *beat* my 26 in GSSF. So far, the 17 hasn't been able.

13. 9mmdude

9mmdude

I got mine yesterday. Gen 3 Glock 26 white label. Serial Number is NCK*** with a test fire date of 7/12/12. I ordered it in June so that was quick!

The serial number puts the gun at a couple of years old.....happy with that!!!

14. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

Yeah, I just got my prize gun from the Dayton match today. It was a Gen 4 34, although I could have swore that I had asked for a Gen 3 34 on the certificate... I'm wondering if Glock stopped making the 34 gen 3's or what.

15. SARDG

SARDG

One of their most popular pistols - I wouldn't think so. And aren't the Gen4s still taboo in CA? That will keep Gen3s on the manufacturing list for awhile.

There's a Gen 4 upgrade charge of $35. Did your credit card get charged that fee?

16. chemcmndr

chemcmndr

No, I paid the flat upgrade fee for the G34 (hundred something).

17. PM720

PM720

Yep, no Gen4 joy in CA without jumping through some hoops. :crying:

Scott