close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prize distribution question

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by DaleGribble, Oct 11, 2004.

1. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

If I came in 25th out of 49 shooters in a category will I be first in B class? I'm asking because if you divide 49 by 2 you get 24.5, so you have to round it off, which would be 25th.

Well I looked through the previous years results and I see that in one category of 48 shooters they gave the B class gun to the guy that came in 25th out 48, which doesn't really make sense to me because 48 divided by 2 is 24, so by my reasoning the 24th placed shooter should have gotten the gun.

So if any of you more experienced GSSF'ers could shed some light on this I'd appreciate it.

2. lethal tupperwa

lethal tupperwa

that the 24 shooter ended the a class and the 25 started the b class.

It seemed to work out that way for me a few matches back when I ended the a.

Danny can tell us.

3. WIG19

WIG19 Light left on

Dale, just conjecture here, but the 25th place shooter would be the top shooter of the 2nd group of 24, ergo, gun.

Not sure but I believe I also read once where if they have a remainder, after the division part of the math, they would then start adding an extra place from the bottom class up. So with 97 shooters you might have 32A, 32B, and 33C.
    But as lethal says, Danny is "Somewhere, Out There."
    ;f

4. degoodman

degoodman Out of Columbus

I thought it was pretty clear in the rules, the total number of entries is divided by three, and the whole number is the size of the class. If there is a remainder of one C class gets the extra, if it's two, B and C class each get an extra. For 49 shooters, it would be 1, 17, and 33 getting the guns, with 16 shooters in A and B class, and 17 in C Class.

5. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

You got it. Danny is in Florida, we had dinner tonight in Lakeland with him and Vicki.

6. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

So at 28th out of 54 I got the B class gun?

I was wondering if Danny was alright, I had noticed that he hasn't been posting for the last several days.

7. Mark L Miller

Mark L Miller

Dale,
    I'm afraid 28th gets nothing. Most of the GSSF matches break the number of entries into 3rds, A,B,C. Therefore 1-18 is A class, 19-36 is B, & 37-54 is C class. Does that make sense? There may be exceptions to the a,b,c class matches but I haven't seen any except Conyers where there are twice that many classes. Which match did you shoot? MLM

8. Fireglock

Fireglock Which is worse?

Well, if they follow their own guidelines that would seem likely to me. I'm of the school of thought that until they post the scores AND you have the certificate, you didn't get the certificate. They've actually changed final results this year, I've never seen that before. Once it was published and mailed they didn't change anything on finals in the past. Conyers does have some interesting attributes.

But I've been wrong before.

Danny is in fine health if a little tired of walking in the Magic Kingdom. :)

9. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Mark, past results in Conyers Master Stock have been broken in half with an A and a B class, with no C class. That's what I'm hoping for this year.

FireGlock, thanks for your interpratation. I just hope GSSF feels the same way! ;f

10. ltgibson2001

ltgibson2001

Dale I wondered which division you were talking about. I knew they did that in Amateur Competition but I know even though you said you shot bad in Conyers that you were nowhere near 25th place.

11. DaleGribble

DaleGribble Sandwich!

Yeah, I was talking about Master Stock.

I know I don't stand a snowballs chance in hell of winnning there, so I've started shooting it as a warm up category.