close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Printing

Discussion in 'Carry Issues' started by Gun Shark, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Gun Shark

Gun Shark

I was at the supermarket the other day and this guy comes in "printing" to the point where i could tell it was some form of 1911 style gun with a brown grip. and it was even more obvious every time he took a step because it kept bouncing up and down.

I just went about my business while keeping an eye on him.
    What would you have done in the same situation?

2. brboyer

brboyer

Exactly what you did.

3. Motown Fire

Motown Fire Everett

I would have started throwing eggs at the guy and yell "HaHa I can see your gun" !!! Just kidding, I would have done what you did.

4. 4MUL8R

4MUL8R

It is routine for police to be called when someone is visibly carrying. It is not a big deal to the police to receive a call, if clearly described for what it is, and it is far better to let authorities handle the situation. A casual "man with a gun" description will get lots of attention, but a more pointed description of "a man, concealing a gun in a holster, shopping with his family" or whatever helps the responders.

5. Bill Lumberg

Bill Lumberg BTF Inventor

"Printing" is amateurish. It's not your job to do anything, unless there are other indicators that the person might pose a threat. Even though printing is a loser move, it shouldn't be illegal. It might get you a visit, though.

6. CodyBoy

CodyBoy

Sounds like more than just "printing" if you could see the grip.

If he didn't look like a threat , then you did what I would have done. Keep an eye on him and go about your way.

7. KiloBravo

KiloBravo NRA Life Member

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

OMG, I just seriously LOL'd when I just read that and now my fiance' thinks there is something wrong with me! :whistling:

8. happyguy

happyguy Man, I'm Pretty

OMG, a man with a gun!:wow:

Regards,
    Happyguy :)

9. stengun

stengun

Howdy Gun Shark,

There is a 95% chance that you were the only person in the store that noticed his gun.

Yesterday I was at WalMart and ran into a guy that I work with and I talked to him for 10 minutes (I've been off work due to knee replacement) and he never even noticed my gun.

I was wear jeans and a black t-shirt and a Carhart faded demin shirt that was unbuttoned aand I was carrying my G35 in a Glock Sport holster. Normally this guy sees me everyday at work wwithout a gun so you would think that he would have noticed my G35 but he did not. He is the type of guy tthat would have said something if he would have noticed it.

Paul

10. smullen

smullen

Good eye on spotting this, as you can tell most people are oblivious to things...

I would have went on about my business and not said anything to the guy... Sounds like he wasn't doing anything of concern...

I certianly would not call the cops on a fellow gun owner, unless I felt threatened..