Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Farmer, House Sitter and Cook
6,839 Posts
He was off duty and responding to his neighbor who had called for help during a DV incident. Her husband approached with a shotgun and that SOB killed our brother.

This makes 15 LODDs in 2018 and TWELVE have been by gunfire.

·
Registered
359 Posts
I have no words to say, I'm heartbroken to see the police officers that protect me getting gunned down in the line of duty. I have never seen it this bad in the last five years. Does this mean that officers will have to start acting like Operators and clear corners and assault the house or apartment building with full kit and M-4's? These women and men in blue are hero's but are getting ambushed!

·
Registered
11,409 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I heard someone mention today that because he was not on-duty, it was not a LODD.

Bullfeathers! All of us know that we can and sometimes do shift into a duty to serve role, especially in cases of lives being endangered, not unlike those citizens who jump into the mess to save rather than stand on the sidelines and video the incident.

·
Private side
11,930 Posts
I heard someone mention today that because he was not on-duty, it was not a LODD...
What oxygen short dip****e uttered that ignorant ass statement? I think most agencies and courts have accepted the fact that once an officer takes a law enforcement action he is "on duty". As such, penalties for assaulting an officer would go in effect and injuries suffered would be covered.

·
Premium Member
4,734 Posts
Especially considering it was in the county he was a police officer, and the reason the lady ran to him is because he was the police...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts