GlockTalk Forum banner

21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
500 Posts
This is one of those lessons you hopefully only learn once. I keep a 5k base stash of all my used primers but I don't reload/shoot a ton. I'm still occasionally finding some at smaller, local shops.

The combination of Covid, new shooters and reloaderd and the approaching election have lead to a perfect storm of shortages. If Trump wins give it a year to begin to settle. If that other guy wins...

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Lake Highland shooting range (Dallas) has primers for sale this week. not sure of the cost. open 7 days a week. 214-343-3494

·
Registered
34,828 Posts
If Biden wins? Primers we'll be the least of our worries.
Yeah anyone in the stock market better start planning an exit to keep their money.

·
Registered
34,828 Posts
Small rifle primers will work, but only for range use since you may experience some ftf's due to a slightly harder case on the rifle primers.

Drop a couple grains to start, but they do work.
It will depend on brand. Federal SR are pretty soft & work in stock glocks. How much you drop a powder charge depends on where your charge is & what kind of powder. To say 2gr is not true or well informed.

·
Registered
6,776 Posts
It will depend on brand. Federal SR are pretty soft & work in stock glocks. How much you drop a powder charge depends on where your charge is & what kind of powder. To say 2gr is not true or well informed.
Yeah, 2 grains might be outside the range of min and max for some cartridges and powders.

21 - 27 of 27 Posts