close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Prime bone-in filet beef tenderloin!

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by K.C. Dia, Apr 14, 2006.

1. K.C. Dia

K.C. Dia

A month or so ago, we had a thread on bone-in filet beef tenderloin. I found some prime bone-in filets in Jackson yesterday and brougnt two home with me to cook tonight. Haven't decided if I am going to grill them or saute them. Will decide at the last minute. I will let y'all know if they were fit to eat or if I had to feed them to the dog.:supergrin:

2. K.C. Dia

K.C. Dia

Well,my dog had to eat Alpo! The bone-in filet was excellent. Cooked it on the grill with crushed peppercorns and served with a red wine sauce. It was restaurant quality. I have always complained that us mortals cannot get prime quality meat. If we could, most of us could cook a steak as good, if not better, than the average chef in the above average steakhouse. For some reason, prime quality steaks are not generally available to the public.

3. hispeedlodrag

hispeedlodrag needs vacation

I've never heard of bone-in tenderloin, nor why one would desire it. Is it a porterhouse sans the strip loin side?

4. K.C. Dia

K.C. Dia

Yes, I believe that is what it is. It's kind of a novelty, but the bone adds some flavor, since a filet does not have much flavor to begin with. I've seen it on some restaurant menus. Like I said, we had a thread on this subject a few months ago. There is a picture of one the thread.

5. k9dpd

k9dpd

I tried to tell you guys it was the best piece of meat out there, now maybe people will beleive that that cut exists