Primal Diet; Results to Date

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by Restless28, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Restless28

Restless28

I'm right at 3 weeks into my return to Primal eating. I've done this before, but this time around I have up beer and almost all dairy.

I walk 1 to 2 miles 5 days a week. I enjoy Bulletproof Coffee each morning and a dram of Scotch in the evenings. Those are my only vices.

I've lost almost 13 pounds to date. My wheat belly is gone, and my body fat is going away. I am mentally sharper, have tons more energy, and I'm happier. My family isn't all-in, so I'm encouraging them by still preparing side dishes of pasta and buying double fiber bread and Cheerios. My goal is to lose 25 more pounds by summer, to get back to my high school weight. I'm 40.

I cannot recommend the Primal diet enough.

2. FullClip

FullClip Native Mainiac CLM

:supergrin:

I was 6'2" and 155 pounds when I graduated back in '76. I don't ever want to be that skinny again!!:wow: I was a real "bean-pole' for sure.

Think 190 - 195 suits me a lot better and so far have been cruising at that weight for 20 years or so.

Lots of luck with your diet though. I've seen a lot of old friends who have piled on a lot of weight over the years.....tough taking and then keeping it off.

3. ChiTownPicaro

ChiTownPicaro

Goodjob. Walking is a great start and increasing your walked distances daily can have a dramatic effect. Biking is also a great form of exercise as well.

What exactly is bullet proof coffee?

4. Restless28

Restless28

Bulletproof coffee is a mix of mold free beans, grass fed butter and coconut or MCT oil. Brew coffee, add butter and oil, latte it up, and enjoy.

5. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Never heard of the Primal Diet. My wife just started on something called the Paleo Diet.

I myself have never dieted in my life. When I graduated from high school in 1965 I was 6'6" and 150 pounds. I now weigh 170 and that's the heaviest I've ever been. As for Bulletproof coffee, it sounds absolutely disgusting.

Last edited: Feb 24, 2013
  6. canis latrans

canis latrans

that's "discusting", btw.

what's the difference between paleo and primal?

oh and...good job!

7. Restless28

Restless28

Primal excludes Diet Sodas and includes butter and saturated fats and eggs.

Primal also includes more "fun" workouts and encourages sun exposure.

8. Officer X

Officer X

I definitely feel better when eating primal and notice a difference when I have my cheat days

[ame="http://www.amazon.com/The-Primal-Blueprint-Reprogram-effortless/dp/0982207786/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361714520&sr=8-1&keywords=the+primal+blueprint"]The Primal Blueprint: Reprogram your genes for effortless weight loss, vibrant health, and boundless energy (Primal Blueprint Series): Mark Sisson: 9780982207789: Amazon.com: [email protected]@[email protected]@http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/[email protected]@[email protected]@51abz209PYL[/ame]

9. Ironbar

Ironbar

10. RetailNinjitsu

RetailNinjitsu

Do you have any links?

I have been reading a little bit about Paleo and I would like to learn more. I got hurt at work and have gained 40 pounds over the past year while recovering.

Thanks

11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

Which one of them allows Little Debbie Fudge Rounds? Primal or Paleo?

12. pugman

pugman

I've been working out pretty since Oct 2011. Found out I'm hooked on competitive obstacle courses like the Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, etc. Right now, I'm signed up for 3 this year.

I was never fat but could have lost a little weight. I slimmed down from 205 to about 185; based on my weight workout I doubt I will ever get below 180 and will probably only add lean muscle.

A coworker was 6'2 and 265 with lots of what he called baby fat. He changed his eating habits where he avoids anything deep fried or fast food (he lives in TN so this eliminates a lot of stuff). The key was he rode a stationary bike with resistance 1-3 hours every single night. He just took up roadwork about 2-3 weeks ago and ran his first mile ever. The next day he decided to push himself and ended up running a 5k. He is down to 190 and it took about 4-5 months.

If the Primal diet works for you-awesome. I know this is will come as a shocker but the key is to stick with it. I'm at the point now I have to go to the gym just because I like the way I look, I have a ton more energy, I tend to watch little to no tv now and lets say the wife likes it too :whistling:

As for the walking, my suggestion is to try a light jog now. Walking is good excerise, and it burns calories, but a light run will double the burn and half the time it takes.

Want a goal for the summer - try a Tough Mudder, Spartan Race, Warrior Dash, Mud Run or any of these types of races coming out....they are a blast.

13. Restless28

Restless28

14. Woofie

Woofie Disirregardless CLM

Not sure that either of them do, however I have been on a blend of low carb diets for almost thirty years now I have found that Atkins, South Beach, etc allow you to have fudge rounds, Taco Bell, and Reubens.

15. md2lgyk

md2lgyk

Uh, no it's not. One of us knows how to spell, and it isn't you.

16. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

...and one of us must be new here, and it isn't me...or the guy who was discusted.

Problem with that? It's on cuz!

17. Jakestir

Jakestir

I have never been a fan of "extreme" diets. The ones that say eat only blank, or cut out all of this. This does seem more balanced and you are getting away from all that processed crap. I would bet you would have had the same results eating a balanced diet and working out. Juts my 2 cents.

posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

18. jpa

jpa CLM

Clearly Dave just looks thinner because he trimmed his beard.....

j/k, I love hearing stories like this. I'm always happy to hear about people living and eating healthier....

19. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Cosmopolitan Bias

20. Adjuster

Adjuster

Dave is worshiping the pagan snow gods. He lost his weight by making a deal with the devil. It will catch up with him sooner than later.

/