close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Price on a Ruger P-90

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by kpatte26, Mar 22, 2010.

1. kpatte26

kpatte26

So last friday night I go over to a buddies house to help him do some remodeling work and look at a motorcyle he has for sale. After we get done with the work and looking at his bike we go back into his house. He says that he is selling his Ruger P-90 and wants $300 for it. I think its a good deal.
    I prefer something different and looking to either figure out the trade in value or what I could sell it out right to another buyer for... So let me know what you guys would give for the gun.
    The gun comes with Factory Sights, 2 Magazines, holster, and a box of ammo.

Thanks for the help!

2. toddmog

toddmog

Depending on condition, I would say $275-$300 is a good ballpark price.

3. mesteve2

mesteve2

$225 to 250 tops.

Get a Glock 38 in .45 gap.

4. wellcraft

wellcraft

if the p90 is in mint condition 300 is a good price if it's well used or beat up i'd offer 200-250. NIB p90's cost around 475 in my neck of the woods and used guns in good condition routinely sell for about 350. i have owned a p90 for almost 10 years and i can say it's never malfunctioned and it's every bit as accurate as my sig's HK's and beretta.

5. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

:agree:

My bro picked a P89 up a couple years ago for $225, and it was near pristine, but that guy was desperate. If its in mint, $300 is good. Are you getting this gun to carry? Those guns are HUGE, and generally pretty uncomfortable for CCW. Very reliable, reasonably accurate, and built like tanks.

IGF

6. kpatte26

kpatte26

I am looking to buy for home protection due to the size of the P-90... Not that I really need it due to having an AR, 3 shotguns, and 2 other pistols. I just happen to be a huge fan of the .45 round and have wanted to get my hands on a .45 so this could be my chance.
    I also immediately thought about the trade in value so that I could get something in the Colt Commander size for CCW.
    I currently carry a Glock 23 in 40 S&W but want to go to a heavier bullet... IE 220 grain .45! Just because I love heavy bullets... If only I could carry a .50 Desert Eagle... LOL!

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  7. just for fun

just for fun

for their price point,P-90's are a hands down winner.Had mine since the early 90's. out standing firearms. Seems to be somewhat picky on bullet shape that it will feed.(never did get 200 gr LSWC to feed).But that is a handloaders point of veiw. Factory loads (230 grains) nothin but perfection! I would take any less than favorable report as a indicator the the auther never owned one! and put them on disreguard! any offer less than 350 also belongs in the disreguard column.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  8. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

I had one years ago in stainless.
    It was a reliable gun, and I wouldn't have hesitated to use it for home defense.

If the gun is like new, 300 is an alright deal.

9. hotpig

hotpig IAFF Local 4766 CLM

I sell them new for 430.00. 300.00 used in good shape is a decent deal.

10. toddmog

toddmog

What kind of holster and how big is the box of ammo that he is including?

11. kpatte26

kpatte26

It is a shoulder holster... Which I would put on EBAY/Craigs List/here for sale because I would carry on the hip. The ammo is 50 rounds of 220 grain federal.

12. Kadetklapp

Kadetklapp Methberry PD

Thats a pretty fair price, If it has some wear on it I'd try and get it for $250.

13. 223shootersc

223shootersc

Good deal for the gun alone, add $20 for the holster and at least $20 for ammo jump on it but see if he will take $280 what have you got to lose; Rugers are great guns