price list

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Wash-ar15, Mar 4, 2010.

1. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

Anyone have the current price list for Gssf members?

2. Jon_R

Jon_R

3. Wash-ar15

Wash-ar15

4. weagle

weagle

5. 1337-G

1337-G Armed

Ugh prices went up.

6. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Prices went up because Glock/GSSF expanded the list of dealers to include non-LE dealers, providing more convenience to GSSF members. Those dealers cannot purchase Glocks as cheaply as LE Dealers, and no dealer is going to sell at a loss. It's worth the extra cost to me to get my GSSF Glock at a local dealer just 20 minutes away rather than drive 120+ miles round trip to the only LE dealer in my State. Perhaps you should consider the convenience factor.

7. jab

jab

Totaly agree with Danny's point. It should also be noted that a participating dealer ONLY makes about $20 on a GSSF sale,I for one appreciate the dealers who are willing to offer this service to the GSSF "family" !

8. deathpriest

deathpriest

Still a fixed lower price than most places, no hassle. If you can get a better price, then take that deal, I would. I am looking for a G21 SF, and nowhere I have been able to get a better price than with GSSF. I went to local shop, $600 + +. I am still looking for a better deal that GSSF and have not found it. Will exercise on GSSF program, soon:)
    I still feel is a good deal, 2 mags or 3 mags, still good.

Blessings

9. 1337-G

1337-G Armed

My LE dealer is literally 10 mins from my house, so convenience was never an issue for me. I understand what they did, and why, but not everyone was in the same boat as you. The price difference now between the GSSF gun purchase, when you factor in the annual renewal cost, and what local dealers charge for an 'off the shelf' gun, is almost negligible. Sure I'll still support them but it's nowhere near as attractive as it once was.

Just my personal observations. YMMV.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2010
  10. themiller

themiller

Same feelings. And I feel especially gyped because I sent in my $$$ well before this was announced and was not able to be grandfathered in. But - I do think I'll enjoy the matches this year so all is well!

11. aperdue

aperdue

Actually if you had your certificate, the prices are suppose to be honored until April. This came straight from GSSF

ETA: I believe this only applies to the dealers shown on the old list.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  12. Vimes

Vimes

Not complaining here, but the price is "suggested" not fixed. I called my local place and the price was quite a bit higher than the suggested price for a GSSF dealer. Still better than retail, but like others have said, not as good as it once was. I ended up going over to B&H and got a good deal there so I'm happy. Also happy to support the GSSF as it seems like a good organization.

13. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

No, the price IS fixed.

Report price gouging to gssf@glock.us

Last edited: Mar 11, 2010
  14. 1337-G

1337-G Armed

That's good to know actually. I have a 2009 cert on my desk that I was wondering what to do with. Guess it's off to the store this weekend.

15. Vimes

Vimes

Danny, thanks for the clarification. I'll send them a message. As an aside, might I humbly suggest changing the wording on the PDF from "Suggested Pricing" to "Fixed Pricing."

16. 1337-G

1337-G Armed

So I was indeed able to spend last year's cert today at my local LE dealer at the old price. Good thing I checked this forum this month or I would have screwed myself.

Picked up another 19, RTF2 frame. Feels significantly different than my existing 19s so I'm interested to see how it shoots. At some point I'll have to buy something other than G19s with my GSSF certs :rofl:

Last edited: Mar 20, 2010