close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Price check please

Discussion in 'GSSF' started by Usingmyrights, Feb 6, 2010.

1. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

I haven't looked at AR15s lately and I know that he market has been crazy but is coming back down some. What I'm looking at is a Spikes Tactical lower, 5.56 16" upper with standard front sight, 7" FF YHM fore end, unsure of the upper receiver brand but its a flattop (it has a small outline of a "R" over the foward assist), RRA riser/rear sight, Magpul MOE grip, stock and rail covers, a VFG (brand???), 5 loaded Pmags and the elcheapo standard AR case. The gun looks to be in good concidition but I didn't get a chance to break it down becaue I was on the way to work. What would be a good price for this based on the info provided. I heard someone on another forum say about $1100. All of the furniture is tan, not that it really matters

2. SilverBullet_83

SilverBullet_83 NRA member

I would say it would depend on the maker of the upper

3. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

How do you find out who makes the upper? I'll have time for a closer look today, but with the few minutes that I had to look over it, all I saw was what looks like to be a "R" shaped outline above the foward assist

4. nick425

nick425

That ***** can be tricky.
    A (splintered) = Anchor Harvey Aluminum
    AF = Alcoa Forge
    C AF = Colt Alco Forge
    C MB = Colt / Mueller Brass
    Cardinal (stylized) = Cardinal Forge
    CH = Colt Harvey Aluminum
    Circle/Crosshairs w/"AR" = ArmaLite
    CK = Colt / Kaiser Aluminum
    CM = Colt / Martin Marietta
    D (stylized) = Diemaco
    DK = Diemaco / Kaiser Aluminum
    E = Emco
    EK = EMCO/Kaiser
    E MB = EMCO/Mueller Brass
    F keyhole = FNMI / Cerro Forge
    FA = FNMI / Anchor Harvey
    FK = FNMI / Kaiser Aluminum
    FM = FN/Martin Marietta
    FMB = FNMI / Mueller Brass
    Keyhole = Cerro Forge
    L = Lewis Machine & Tool
    LK = LAR / Kaiser Aluminum
    LM = LAR / Martin Marietta
    M (under diamond) = Mueller Industries
    PA = Capco / Anchor Harvey
    PM = Capco / Martin Marietta

5. keninnavarre

keninnavarre bulletproof

There are alot of extra goodies on that rifle. Is it set up the way you would do it? For me, its better to start with a base rifle and add what works for me. If you cant ask the seller, or the seller doesnt know, its hard to tell about uppers, barrels, bcg, etc. Rifle is probably worth 1100, but you have alot of options in that price range.

Id personally rather do a Colt 6920 or build my own for that price. That way you know what youve got. Like I said, you can get a lot of AR for 1100 in todays market.

6. Usingmyrights

Usingmyrights Jr Member

The guy isn't asking $1100. Thats what someone on another forum guessed it to be worth. Another said $800 if the barrel was chromed. The asking price was $800 or $900. I don't recall which, but I think it was $800. I can't say that its how'd I'd set one up, but I don't think its bad. It'll be my 2nd AR and I plan on buying atleast one or two more as money allows. I was thinking that at the price its at that It'd be a good deal and I can always change out small things hear and there and have my take offs to sell or for another build later on