close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

press charges after fight.

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by The Next Level, Mar 25, 2010.

1. The Next Level

The Next Level

An altercation at the ballpark the other night got me thinking. When there is a fight and punches are thrown and the other guy doesn't fight back but decides to press charges, what is the usual outcome of someone pressing charges against them? Is it normally a fine or jail time?

2. snair

snair

one individual assaulting someone who doesnt even fight back is going to pay a fine and may also be sentenced to jail time for the assault. (at least here)

3. shavedape

shavedape

Is both criminal and civil. Fines come with the criminal charge and chances are good the other guy will prevail in civil court. Happened to a guy I know when we were a little younger. Some guy beat him up. He didn't fight back. There were witnesses. Arrest of the guy doing the punching. Fines. Later civil court where he lost about 12 G's on top of the medical costs. I don't know how they reached that number but that's what he had to pay out. And since the guy had his own business replete with building he couldn't exactly evade paying up for very long.