GlockTalk Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
74,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
"Presidential Debate Commission Will Mute Mics During Final Debate…

Posted on October 19, 2020 by sundance

In yet another transparent effort to support Joe Biden, the presidential debate commission has announced they will mute microphones during the two minute answer sessions as part of a strategy to assist the promotion of disinformation.

(Via New York Post) The Commission on Presidential Debates has decided to mute microphones to allow each candidate the opportunity for uninterrupted remarks during this week’s final forum.

The mute button will be featured at the start of each 15-minute segment during opening comments, according to the commission. After that time, both mics will be turned on without a mute option to enable debate. (read more)

The Trump campaign responds:

Share this:
https://theconservativetreehouse.co...ll-mute-mics-during-final-debate/#more-202094 "

Reactions: 6Actual

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
Yup, changed the topic, too. It was going to be foreign policy, now race and china flu.
If it were me, no matter the question...Trump: I denounce white supremacists and any other racist thing you can think up...but I did start peace in the Middle East, kicked some isis ass, had most of the terrorist leaders annihilated and all my other accomplishments in my first

Rinse and repeat for every 2 minutes there after.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Good. Let them talk until uninterrupted. We might get to hear what they have to say.
That's not whats going to happen.
You'll get to hear Biden spout all his teleprompter crap.
They will be cutting Trump off early if letting his mic work at all and Biden will have no issues. When caught they will blame technical issues.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
That's not whats going to happen.
You'll get to hear Biden spout all his teleprompter crap.
They will be cutting Trump off early if letting his mic work at all and Biden will have no issues. When caught they will blame technical issues.
Then let the American people see and hear that. But a shouting match between adults who act like toddlers isn't going to accomplish anything. We've already tried that. Let's let them say their stuff and see where it goes. Don't you want to actually hear what they have to say?

·
Registered
14,369 Posts
Yup, changed the topic, too. It was going to be foreign policy, now race and china flu.
That is a crock. I have no desire to hear about the plague.

Foreign policy is way more important. Joe is an f on Foreign policy, so I can see why they fear the conversation

·
Registered
8,076 Posts
Trump's mic will be cut as soon as he mentions Ukraine, corruption, Hunter, money, kickbacks...anything that can embarrass Biden.

"Stay on topic, Mr. President! We are discussing your failure to protect the 27 genders trapped in the California wildfires from the COVID pandemic you caused by failing to pay your taxes!"

·
I'm your huckleberry....
17,477 Posts
Trump's mic will be cut as soon as he mentions Ukraine, corruption, Hunter, money, kickbacks...anything that can embarrass Biden.

"Stay on topic, Mr. President! We are discussing your failure to protect the 27 genders trapped in the California wildfires from the COVID pandemic you caused by failing to pay your taxes!"
That's actually ridiculous enough to happen. If it's Trump - BAD!!! it's OK. Anything.

Reactions: Pythonman

·
It ain't over
7,983 Posts
The "Two Idiots Overnight" - Red Eye Radio, think it's an attempt to get Trump to back out of the debate. Dims don't want this debate but they can't find a way to stop it.

The RER guys think Trump should just stick to foreign affairs in the upcoming debate. Just start with the threat of Russia and NoKo and the CCP. Then bring up Biden's verified and unchallenged (by Biden, DNC, or the media) financial relationship with those countries. Slip it in, if they cut him off, let Joe talk. Next opportunity, start it all over again. Push, push, push.

·
Registered
581 Posts
Then let the American people see and hear that. But a shouting match between adults who act like toddlers isn't going to accomplish anything. We've already tried that. Let's let them say their stuff and see where it goes. Don't you want to actually hear what they have to say?
I don't care what they have to say my mind is and was made up even before the debates.
No thinking person can possibly vote for Biden.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
I don't care what they have to say my mind is and was made up even before the debates.
No thinking person can possibly vote for Biden.
If you don't care, and you don't want to hear, then what is the issue?

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Here is what Trump should do.

He is supposed to have two minutes uninterrupted to answer questions posed to him.

He should start the debate with his opening remarks stating that the last debate we discussed COVID and climate change. I will use my time to discuss topics such as foreign policy and the economy.

Then no matter what the question is calmly address issues from those topics including Joe and Hunter Biden's conflict of interest.

This debate and the topics were likely picked by the Biden campaign. When have we EVER had a presidential election without a debate on foreign policy? We're being scammed and GOD I hope enough people are smart enough to see it.

Reactions: Rokitt

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Frankly, it doesn't matter if Trump gets reprimanded for interrupting. At this late stage nobody's mind is going to be changed enough to swing the election from where it's going to end up so...Trump should ignore the questions and give answers that he wants out there and ask Biden questions the moderator isn't going to ask of him.

·
Registered
581 Posts
If you don't care, and you don't want to hear, then what is the issue?
Why do you care what they have to say?
Is your mind not already made up?

Look The president has a distinct style and yes it isn't the traditional polished politician style, this is a good thing. The not polished, tweets his mind, says what needs to be said style of his is perfect for this time in history.

I get it twists your and other peoples undies that he does this and that's fine but to be quite honest it's what is needed now. 50 years of turning the other cheek, being the bigger man, etc has gotten the GOP and us into this whole stupid situation anyway. It is time to throw away the old ideas of what is presidential and actually worry about dealing with the democrats ideology and fighting to win instead of trying to keep up a 1950-60s appearance.

·
Registered
4,773 Posts
Obama being very Presidential with full statesmanlike decorum.
28978ED2-5511-4B95-89AE-232A19464596.jpeg F142C963-6EBC-4A3E-8EA4-51065D32DEB8.jpeg 24B8F641-023D-4C78-B3B9-240E45E8DC70.jpeg F4C86FC6-A8AE-419D-9AB9-9AE542643A6B.jpeg

He was a model of strength and power for the world to admire, the like of which hadn’t been seen since Woody Wilson.

·
Registered
6,675 Posts
Why do you care what they have to say?
Is your mind not already made up?

Look The president has a distinct style and yes it isn't the traditional polished politician style, this is a good thing. The not polished, tweets his mind, says what needs to be said style of his is perfect for this time in history.

I get it twists your and other peoples undies that he does this and that's fine but to be quite honest it's what is needed now. 50 years of turning the other cheek, being the bigger man, etc has gotten the GOP and us into this whole stupid situation anyway. It is time to throw away the old ideas of what is presidential and actually worry about dealing with the democrats ideology and fighting to win instead of trying to keep up a 1950-60s appearance.
My mind is indeed made up. I'm voting for Trump. But I still would like to see a real debate.

·
Registered
20,631 Posts
If it were me, no matter the question...Trump: I denounce white supremacists and any other racist thing you can think up...but I did start peace in the Middle East, kicked some isis ass, had most of the terrorist leaders annihilated and all my other accomplishments in my first

Rinse and repeat for every 2 minutes there after.
It was never going to be about foreign policy. The topics were always to be decided by the moderator. The moderator issued the topics and Trump didn't like them, which I don't blame him for. But why lie and say it was supposed to be about foreign policy?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Actually, the mute button plays right into Trump's hands. Trump's interrupting in the last debate didn't do him any good. It turned off a lot of folks. Now, Biden is forced to string together two minutes of coherent thought, which he is apparently not capable of doing.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts