President Trump signs new order on policing

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by GPalmer, Jun 16, 2020.

1. GPalmer

GPalmer CLM

2. furetto7

furetto7 Galloglaich

Could have been a lot worse, most of what he mentions is already covered my annual training in the state of Kansas.

3. PattonWasRight

PattonWasRight

Sets up Federal standards for who can approve local agencies as being "with the program"

Nothing crazy there IMO, just more oversight and beautacracy and a campaign headline

CAcop likes this.
  4. GPalmer

GPalmer CLM

They seem to me to be fuzzy enough that there is lots of wiggle room. Yes, certification by third party but depending on how it's implemented that could be a nightmare or a cakewalk. I was curious about how important federal funding is for most departments?

5. CAcop

CAcop

We have walked away from putsode sources because there are way too many strings attached.

Our last straw was a traffic safety grant where we had to do a set amount of DUI checkpoints. They tied up so many officers there were enough OT whores so they called in people on days off. People were pissed. Even management was bent out of shape.

6. ClydeG19

ClydeG19

Did you love Calea? Get ready the Fed version.

GPalmer likes this.
  7. Dukeboy01

Dukeboy01 Pretty Ladies!

Hmmm. Now that I'm retired, maybe I can get in on the "expert inspector" racket for the Feds.

slym2none likes this.
  8. G19Tony

G19Tony Sneet CLM

There's an "expert inspector" racket for aviation. It's called ISBAO. Any flight dept worth their salt, already does the things they inspect you for. It's a racket. I heard those inspectors get 10K for a couple day inspection.

9. Taz

Taz

Cops need more upfront training, more continuing training, upfront screening, continuing screening and help and lots more time off.

Not sure how this EO will help. It just puts one more layer of BS bureaucrats into the loop.

They arent going to receive more training on handling themselves in confrontations. Be that verbal judo or h2h or lethal defense. They aren’t going to get weekly force in force, deescalation... training sessions to sharpen and maintain skills. They aren’t going to get psych screenings to weed out the Chauvin types or the chicken**** types who shoot yoga instructors. They aren’t going to get ongoing help to see if they are getting disillusioned, angry... They arent going to get an off shift every week or so to decompress, do the BS work...

What they are going to get is retirements, low recruitment numbers, fewer fellow officers to back them up, longer hours and more bureaucrats to drive the bus over them when they have to deal with criminals.

Basically this is political theater for the elections.

10. ACE31

ACE31

NONE of this is necessary it is only to appease and get the black vote. For SHAME!

11. vista461

vista461

Where are they going to get all these social workers to have them arrive at the same time as the cops?