Glock Talk banner

President should Serve

4417 Views 148 Replies 75 Participants Last post by  ras47
How many believe like I do ?
Before a President can be a President they should serve in the military honorable !
1 - 20 of 149 Posts

· Registered
411 Posts
How many believe like I do ?
Before a President can be a President they should serve in the military honorable !
Military service is not a prerequisite for being a good person or being honorable in general. It often has more to do with a persons socioeconomic situation.
Charles Ng abducted, brutalized and killed women.
David Berkowitz, The Son of Sam serial killer
Gary Ridgeway kidnapped, brutalized and killed women
Charles Whitman shot people(including a pregnant woman) from a tower at UT Austin
Jeffery Dahmer killed and ate people
David Carroll abducted, brutalized and killed young boys
Dennis Rader abducted, brutalized and killed women
All served in the US military
And that's not even mentioning the German fellow who's name I will not speak. He was a WW1 combat veteran, wounded in action.

· Registered
29,876 Posts

· Registered
28,325 Posts
I can't see why that would be a qualification -

The people decide when they vote -

If there is not a qualification that they can read or write, speak English, are not a raging alcoholic and about 100,000,000 other things that would be more important than they served as a private in the Army for a few years - why would you want to put this one qualification in?

Hell they can even have dementia and they still qualify -

· Registered
1,214 Posts
Jimmy Carter was naval officer, look at his presidency.
Did FDR actually serve or was just appointed to a sec of navy position?
There are plenty of great leaders who didn’t serve in the military but in other organizations. Look at Margaret Thatcher. Look at the current president of Ukraine.
FDR was Woodrow Wilson’s Assistant Secretary of the Navy, in 1913 at age 31. He did travel to France and was about a mile from the German lines at one point.

· Banned
170 Posts
I think that you should have to be able to pass a security clearance. I think every citizen should have to serve at least three years in the military. I believe anyone who does should be able to own weapons that carry more than ten rounds without reloading. If you don't serve 10 rounds is enough for you. If those were the parameters we would not have had this last disaster of a friggin traitor for President. Trump is owned by Russia. Should never have been able to run.

· Registered
806 Posts
I can't see why that would be a qualification -

The people decide when they vote -

If there is not a qualification that they can read or write, speak English, are not a raging alcoholic and about 100,000,000 other things that would be more important than they served as a private in the Army for a few years - why would you want to put this one qualification in?

Hell they can even have dementia and they still qualify -
Sad but true.

Literally no qualifications needed at all, just the ability to win a popularity contest.

We need term limits for Congress at a minimum.

That said, I'm in the camp that thinks a year of mandatory service at nineteen would probably improve our society in the long term.

· Banned
170 Posts
People better wake the **** up. There is no 2nd amendment with out the original document which is our constitution. The Republican Party now do not want the people of our country to choose our government. We are a democracy or a republic which are the same thing. The Republican Party no longer thinks the people should decide who is in our government which is supposed to be decided by the voters.

1 - 20 of 149 Posts