Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
350 Posts
Are you alluding to Obama?

People seem to make a big deal of his middle name- Hussein.

I thought he was raised as a Christian and is a practicing Christian. But even if he is a Muslim, I think it would be an asset that he could exploit for America's benefit. For one, he could work to be the model of a modern, tolerant Muslim. How disarming it would be for those rabid fundamentalists to see a Muslim leading the world's greatest democracy.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck then it is a duck.

Being in the military for over 20 years, that was all I did, fought the Muslim fanatics/militants/terrorists. If you were in Beirut in early 80's, then you would know how I feel right now. The situation in Mindanao triggered this pent up emotion in me.
If you are offended by my post tell it to the Marines.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, sounds like a duck then it is a duck.

Being in the military for over 20 years, that was all I did, fought the Muslim fanatics/militants/terrorists. If you were in Beirut in early 80's, then you would know how I feel right now. The situation in Mindanao triggered this pent up emotion in me.
If you are offended by my post tell it to the Marines.
Ditto!!!!!liberal yata dito pareng Jerry.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am a conservative Republican, pro-gun, pro-military, pro-police, pro-border protection and I believe that marriage is between a man and woman only.

If you are offended by this post, tell it to the Marines.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Hopefully the Silent Majority will "Kick" in and let Mc Cain win ...we might still be able to keep our Guns.. : )

BTW Sir Jerry im moving sa West Coast in a couple of months..hope to shoot some matches with you

·
Premium Member
3,085 Posts
Are you alluding to Obama?
People seem to make a big deal of his middle name- Hussein.
I thought he was raised as a Christian and is a practicing Christian.
Raised as a Christian? Not entirely. He was educated in an Islamic school
in Indonesia, which only later shifted to a more non-sectarian curriculum.
A practicing Christian? If he says so. If he supports same-ex marriage, what am I to conclude?

But even if he is a Muslim, I think it would be an asset that he could exploit for America's benefit. How disarming it would be for those rabid fundamentalists to see a Muslim leading the world's greatest democracy.
We've seen in Mindanao, what trying to appease violent Muslims gets us.
Just more abuse, and more onerous demands, backed up by more violence.

I wouldn't dislike Obama for his religion, dermal melanin count, or his gender.
I would dislike him for his laughable inexperience and his policy platform.

Anyway, it's the Americans' choice to make.

:)

·
Dis-member
320 Posts
I am a conservative Republican, pro-gun, pro-military, pro-police, pro-border protection and I believe that marriage is between a man and woman only.

If you are offended by this post, tell it to the Marines.
I think nobody from the Philippines was offended. Just wanted to know what's wrong with the guy. Didn't even know he was a Muslim.

Personally, I advocate a Pluralist society but come to think of it, if it were in the Philippines, I would definitely campaign hard for the other presidentiable just because of that matter. (but that's mainly because of the nature of our countrymen from ARMM).

Just as what our resident Yoda said (Horge), it is for the Americans to choose and we're just interjecting our opinions and whatever non-sense that crops up from our minds.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
If Obama wins expect prices of components to double or triple in price. People will stockpile huge amounts of components. People were caught off guard before ( Clinton).

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If Obama wins expect prices of components to double or triple in price. People will stockpile huge amounts of components. People were caught off guard before ( Clinton).
Yeah just like the shortage of Primers and Powder when Clinton was the Draft-Dodger, ooops sorry I mean the President.

·
Registered
587 Posts

i remember the time when a Sleeve of Primers was just $60 now its $125 :steamed:

·
Rei!
5,961 Posts
OMG, is that a fact? if that happens, I'll join Single Stacker at IPSC Airsoft, at least doon, reusable ang bala:cool:

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hopefully the Silent Majority will "Kick" in and let Mc Cain win ...we might still be able to keep our Guns.. : )

BTW Sir Jerry im moving sa West Coast in a couple of months..hope to shoot some matches with you
Ogiebb,
I am looking forward to that Saturday match with you. Whereabouts are you moving to?

·
Registered
3,795 Posts
If you were in Beirut in early 80's
diba this was the very first time they used a car bomb successfully, 241 marines ata namatay dun, buti nalang sir jerry wala kayo sa building na yun.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
The Marines are subordinate to civil authority; in any democracy, that's how it must be. If Obama wins, he, as Commander in Chief, will give orders to the Marines, and the Marines will say: "Yes, sir". So, Obama will in fact tell it to the Marines.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts