Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Native Mainiac
23,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
NO!! Not "clips"....but reading type mags!!

Did some clean up on the old camp that I bought 2 years ago. It is pretty rough and th4 guy I bought it from just did a "walk away" deal, and never picked up a stick.

Moved a big pile of blankets and hit the jackpot! Old magazines....Life, Mademoiselle, Field and Stream, Sports Afield, Enquirer (for @Hannie Caulder ) and even PLAYBOY. Some from 1948, and the girlie mags from 1968.
They have been damp, so got that funky smell, but pages not stuck together or wrinkeled. Not in real bad shape like those papyrus Dead Sea Scrolls that @Ramjet38 used to read when he was a kid and sitting on the John.

Anybody know how to best get the funky smell out and make the best out of the old paper??

PB1.jpg

PB2.jpg

field and stream 1948.jpg

sports afield.jpg

·
Mentally Frozen
28,452 Posts
Had a good friend that died and his wife is supposed to be willing some of his playboy's from the 50's. She said Marlyn and Jane Mansfield are in some.. Don't know, we'll see...maybe...someday.

·
Registered
687 Posts
What was it about the Stars on the Playboy Cover ?
I seem to kinda recall what we as pre-teenage boys thought they meant?
Enquiring older minds want to know / remember........

Reactions: orangejeep06

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Personally I'd just trash them. Once they get wet and funky like that there's really nothing that helps besides time. Only if you had something rare, like the first playboy, would it be worth even keeping them. You can pick up mags like that for next to nothing at yard and estate sales

·
Diva extraordinaire
16,752 Posts
Enquirer (for @Hannie Caulder ) and even PLAYBOY. Some from 1948, and the girlie mags from 1968.
Old Enquirer issues might be fun to read.

I know you will make good use of the Playboy magazines LOL.

·
Registered
565 Posts
What was it about the Stars on the Playboy Cover ?
I seem to kinda recall what we as pre-teenage boys thought they meant?
Enquiring older minds want to know / remember........
The idea was if the star was outside the “P” on the cover, Hef did not have carnal knowledge of the Playmate, if it was in the “P”, he did.
It made sense in high school. Then in college we saw an issue with nine stars outside the “P”.
So he did not @#&$ her nine times ?????
It turns out it is some sort of distribution code for advertising.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/stars-upon-thars/

·
M62/76
12,540 Posts
Nudie mags and exploding basketballs- you’re killing me today FC!

Reactions: FullClip

·
Values. Can't be bought.
13,070 Posts
My oven had a food drying setting. 150 degrees? And a clip to hold the door open slightly.

·
Registered
27,076 Posts
Barbi Benton!!!!

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
Looks like the playboys around worth about $10 in good condition probably not worth trying to save.
Pawn Stars had an episode with a bunch of Playboy mags, most of them aren't worth anything except the first issue and a handful of others.
Yep. Most aren't worth anywhere near $10. If they were I'd sell all that I have and be quite happy. I've bought old Playboys for many years and rarely sold one. I made money off them selling the ads.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts