Preparing for the post-election riots

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by jeanderson, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Oldschooltube

Oldschooltube Flux Capacitor Technician

The year was 1964. President Lyndon B. Johnson declared a “war on poverty”. The Economic Opportunity Act was then enacted. This led to welfare which then led to a complete and utter entitlement attitude for many who still continue to believe “they owe me”.

Anyone who is a real or perceived threat to said entitlement immediately becomes the oppressor and a pack mentality takes over from years of brainwashing designed to create a victim mentality.

Thanks LBJ. JACKASS!

10or45, Boundertom, 45caldan and 2 others like this.
  2. jr24

jr24

My reply was assuming Trump does win. I'm not sure there will be any widespread rioting or any of this if Biden wins, I think the balkanization of the US begins with a Biden win.

3. TheDreadnought

TheDreadnought

I wouldn't count on it.

The hard core cultists don't like Biden much either. They just view him as an easily manipulated (or replaced) fool.

They still want to ban fossil fuels, abolish the police, pay reparations, give cheap (useless) healthcare to everybody (including illegals) by destroying what's left of the Federal budget, have white people give their houses to black families, ban and confiscate all firearms starting with semi-autos, and so on.

A Biden Presidency is just a small step in the right direction to make bulldozing the path easier. They still have a long way to go before they've turned the U.S. into the "Utopian" nightmare they want.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2020
  4. treg

treg

Everyone gets a vote and free stuff.

5. Mcsorleyprobert

Mcsorleyprobert

All very scary stuff.........

6. jr24

jr24

Maybe so, but I think the summer of implicit support and ignoring rioting is over. Trump was hands off to avoid a big event killing his chances (and the riots actually firmed up his support) the Dems encouraged the unrest to try to hurt Trump.

Regardless who wins, riots will be counterproductive to the administration and party with no advantage to allowing them to continue. Under Biden they'll crack down and lose financial support. Under Trump they might still get the Soros money, but I think he'll drop the federal hammer on rioters, and their financial backers.

I think these protests and riots will burn out, one way or another, relatively shortly post election.

7. Pluto57

Pluto57

Are they offending them? The polls don't indicate that. And you've go a lot of high profile "Republicans" urging people to vote for Biden. If you're hanging your hat on the left imploding, I think your hat is going to get stepped on.

8. Gundude

Gundude

The failure to do so, under those conditions and better, over the past four years leads me to doubt that any such clean up would occur.

9. Pluto57

Pluto57

I really don't think you understand the scope of the machine that the country is up against. This is decades in the planning and they've almost reached their goal. They're not going away.

jimcorbin likes this.
  10. Pluto57

Pluto57

Excellent point. Trump has been forced to mostly play defense for the past three plus years. I don't see that changing on the off chance he pulls off a win.

11. jr24

jr24

That's your opinion, I'm not quite so pessimistic.

Simi_gun_guy likes this.
  12. Fred Florist

Fred Florist

I'm seeing a lot of young kids, closer 20 yrs old, out voting.

Trump won FL by 113k votes in 2016. These kids can definitely make it close. I'm hoping all the silent supporters show up to cancel the kids' votes.

And if Trump wins, it's these young ones will be out burning stuffs. So we'd be seeing our young ones put down. That's a scenario too uncomfortable.

jr24 likes this.
  13. jr24

jr24

All the 20 something's out voting around here have Trump and thin blue line flags hanging from their trucks.

I've been pretty surprised at the post/in college enthusiasm I'm seeing for Trump. But we are a pretty deep red county.

14. Glock45Lover

Glock45Lover

15. Pluto57

Pluto57

There is a difference between pessimism and realism.

16. jr24

jr24

Indeed, facts help.

17. BigBluefish

BigBluefish

I think the rioting will actually be more extensive if Biden wins. Take note of the celebratory riots after major sports teams win. Also note, with a Biden win, even though Trump is still in office until 1/20/21, the Leftists will likely think local LE will be less likely to crack down, knowing the soon-to-be inducted Administration will feed the cops to the wolves if they restrict the "mostly peaceful protests." Further, the Leftists expect that a Biden administration will be more sympathetic to the their demands, and more responsive to threats of continued violence (which it will not oppose...since elections will no longer matter) so they will have little reason to restrain themselves, and will gleefully go after Trump supporters, corporations, private property and the even modestly well-off (suburban residents of whatever political stripe: if you have a home, you are the enemy!)

Besides, the Democrats will need all the rioting and mayhem to distract the media from the mounting evidence of rampant voter fraud that will surface in November.

Yeah, I expect it to get quite sporty after Biden is elected.

18. jr24

jr24

Maybe, I hope we don't have to find out. I feel like Trump is gonna win, but who really knows.

I think with a Biden win they'll push for normalcy, lay the chaos at Trump's feet and use that as a basis to gain more political control and capital.

19. rock_castle

rock_castle With Liberty and Justice for all.

Trump will have nothing to lose and a SCOTUS that follows the law. As long as the Dems don't control the Senate and can't remove him from office then we should be good. Even better if the GOP takes back the HOR.

ThatGuyYouKnow and jr24 like this.
  20. rock_castle

rock_castle With Liberty and Justice for all.

The polls are useless and don't mean a thing.