Glock Talk banner
101 - 120 of 556 Posts
Just bought a "Bear Grylls" Survival series ultimate knife from Walmart for $38.00 today. I saw the same knife for $59.99 at Scheels. Got the last one.

Just bought a "Bear Grylls" Survival series ultimate knife from Walmart for $38.00 today. I saw the same knife for $59.99 at Scheels. Got the last one.
Didja get that JIC?

Not to put a damper on things but in the interest of safety I'll say it... be careful with that knife. People have been complaining left and right about that Bear Grylls series of knife falling apart when it use and just not being up to par with what you'd expect from Gerber. Again, not trying to be a downer and congrats on the buy, I'd just rather be honest than see ya get hurt.

-Emt1581

Didja get that JIC?

Not to put a damper on things but in the interest of safety I'll say it... be careful with that knife. People have been complaining left and right about that Bear Grylls series of knife falling apart when it use and just not being up to par with what you'd expect from Gerber. Again, not trying to be a downer and congrats on the buy, I'd just rather be honest than see ya get hurt.

-Emt1581
Have you heard that after Gerber made the changes a few months back?

Didja get that JIC?

-Emt1581
Hey, thanks for the update Emt581. I'm a total Gerber fan and have been carrying Gerber multi-tools since my military days and still have my original Gerber MT which is now over 20-years old. I've carried a Gerber Folding knife in civilian life for the past 7-years with no problems.

After reading your post I examined the knife, tried to bend it and seems solid. The only thing I don't like is that the fire starter (Ferrocerium Rod) inserts upside down into the sheath, kinda dumb.

It'll find it's place in one of my many bags of stuff. Again, thanks for the heads up.

Wren (EMT-B)

101 - 120 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.