Glock Talk banner
81 - 100 of 556 Posts
Here's a link to the Cabelas Black Friday ad. There's some outdoor gear, clothing, and tools that may interest some here. Probably something for the prepper in your life. :)

I'd like one of these. I am however reading they eat batteries and won't stay charged?

http://www.radioshack.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3588433#showFullReviews
Your right. I bought mine last summer and I couldn't get the hand crank to charge the battery in the store so I had them swap out the rechargable battery and everything has been wonderful since. I don't think that you want to leave that battery connected during prolonged periods of no usage either.

It looks like Radio Shack is going to have the Eton ARCFR360R Red Cross radio on sale for $29.99 on Black Friday.

Here is a link to the ad scan
http://www.blackfriday.info/sales/radioshack-black-friday-ad.html?utm_source=comsubs&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=bbpreview_black_Friday_ad_nov_10_2011_a

A couple of years ago Fry's Electronics had Eaton 200s and 250s on their Black Friday sale - I think I paid something along the lines of $12-14 Eaton 200s and $16-18 for the Eaton 250s. On a whim we went to Fry's on the Sunday afternoon after Thanksgiving on a whim and picked up every Eaton 200 and 250 they had left. I think I purchased something like 10 or 12 of these radios, plus a bunch of other stuff - we ended up spending close to $500 which is an outrageous amount of unplanned spending for us.

Just an FYI, there are other options for hand crank, battery powered, flashlight etc. etc. radios out there. IMHO the Red Cross logo tacked on another $10 bucks over what this radio is worth...I hope it at least goes to the Red Cross.

just my .02.

I'm not going to to any shopping on Thursday, but if anyone wants to, Gander Mountain has the Mossberg version of the .22LR AR-15 for $199.99 that day.

I personally don't intend to encourage & incentivize stores to stay open on thanksgiving & christmas & such, but it's a good enough deal that I thought I'd pass it along.

I just ordered the Fenix 20. Thanks for the lead. Why would I need the most lumens? Well, my girlfriend is always leaving stuff in her car when she comes over. "Can't find it" means it is probably out in the car. The lower lumen lights are just as efficient for searching within a short time span.

I also picked up some more barely used leatherman tools and Benchmade knives off eBay from TSA conficated item sites.

I personally don't intend to encourage & incentivize stores to stay open on thanksgiving & christmas & such, but it's a good enough deal that I thought I'd pass it along.
We made the same decision because of our faith and our desire that our fellow man have a good life. We can buy it before, after or online.

Discussion starter · #98 · (Edited)
I have a recommendation for a flashlight. 4sevens.com is selling a limited run of Quark high-CRI LED lights. They are exceptional. They're not on sale, but they are of limited supply...apparently it's hard to come by high-CRI emitters in large quantities. I purchased two and am very pleased. These look and act a lot like incan lights. They are frequently compared to the incan SureFire 6P for color quality. This is an enthusiast's light, and the aficionados at CPF are snapping this batch up.

High-CRI lights don't drop as much of the color wavelength as regular LEDs do. What it means, is that objects look more natural and colorful, not "LED-flat," which typically drops aqua and red out of the spectrum. It's for the reason of "LED flatness" that many police continue to use incans...easier to spot perps in the dark with a dimmer incan, than a bright blue-tint LED, due to incan's superior color rendering. While the LEDs aren't up to 100% CRI like incans are, these high-CRI lights are in the 85-90 range, meaning...pretty darned good color rendering for an LED. Plus all the benefits of an LED (longer lasting, tougher, brighter, more efficient.)

Oddly enough, the current batch of 4sevens limited-run Quark Neutrals (which were much anticipated for the past year, since the first batch of Neutrals were phenomenal) are a big disappointment with all kinds of off-tints. So don't wander over to the neutrals and buy one of those, thinking you're getting something equivalent.

Sorry for the lecture. I probably should have made this its own thread.

81 - 100 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.