Glock Talk banner
21 - 40 of 556 Posts
Lady on the phone; didn't get her name. Hope she was right...

Who did you speak to that said they would honor that price? They told me to take a jump off a bridge yesterday. If I want it it's $724...and I ordered it before I posted on here. Glad you got it though :)
Fwiw, if you received an email confirmation of the order, I'd call them on it, based on a phone call today. While I was out today, one of our technicians took a call from grainger, calling to let me know that these were backordered "5-7 days", which pretty much jives with the lady on the phone telling me about october 14th.

Imo it's a big enough deal to at least try to hold them to it if you've got the order-confirmation email. Main concern I have at this point is that they haven't charged my debit card yet (I put it on my personal debit card instead of our company account); if they had, that would be one more degree closer to a done deal. Not the end of the world if they don't come in, but I seriously hope they do.... :ender: It's been a LONG time since I've had steiners, and they're the only optics I've used that beat leupold when I did have them; and their prices being what they are, I know I'll never bring myself to pay regular price for them. Not when Nikons are "almost" as good, and one-third the price.

Fwiw, if you received an email confirmation of the order, I'd call them on it, based on a phone call today. While I was out today, one of our technicians took a call from grainger, calling to let me know that these were backordered "5-7 days", which pretty much jives with the lady on the phone telling me about october 14th.

Imo it's a big enough deal to at least try to hold them to it if you've got the order-confirmation email. Main concern I have at this point is that they haven't charged my debit card yet (I put it on my personal debit card instead of our company account); if they had, that would be one more degree closer to a done deal. Not the end of the world if they don't come in, but I seriously hope they do.... :ender: It's been a LONG time since I've had steiners, and they're the only optics I've used that beat leupold when I did have them; and their prices being what they are, I know I'll never bring myself to pay regular price for them. Not when Nikons are "almost" as good, and one-third the price.
I called and the person I spoke to said they were on back order, but I would be getting them :) We'll see what happens! Fingers crossed!

While not illegal what you are doing certainly brushes up against some ethical boundaries. Frankly I am surprised, Quake. You seem from your postings to be an honorable man, active in Church and a role model to the youths in your area. You also own a business. How would you feel if this happened to you and your product was listed at less than your cost?

Is this your way of sticking it to corporate america because in your opinion Grainger can afford to lose some dough?

Just my 2 cents. Flame suit activated.

While not illegal what you are doing certainly brushes up against some ethical boundaries. Frankly I am surprised, Quake. You seem from your postings to be an honorable man, active in Church and a role model to the youths in your area. You also own a business. How would you feel if this happened to you and your product was listed at less than your cost?

Is this your way of sticking it to corporate america because in your opinion Grainger can afford to lose some dough?

It just show how much it takes to buy his integrity.

Most ads have wording saying to effect that they are not responsible for misprints.

First, I respect anyone with integrity and respect your position.

Second, I seriously doubt it's less than their cost. Most likely that "misprint" was someone listing it at their price. The pricing markup on things would surprise a lot of people. If they are losing money it's probably not much.

Second, the company chose to honor it...he has every right to ask for it at that price since they sent him an order confirmation. I spoke with an agent when I placed my order on Friday who assured me the price was right and they were getting them back in stock. Things changed this weekend...probably when they realized the huge demand.

Don't blame Quake for wanting a company to honor their agreement. He didn't know it was a pricing error when he sent the order and they are choosing to honor it. From what I've seen on here he is a good guy. Let's not be so quick to jump on him.

No offense to anyone, and I know that you guys are ok with each other, but this is a really nice idea for a thread "Good Deals" and it would be best IMHO if we left it at that, there are plenty of threads for all of the other issues that come up between us.

I called and the person I spoke to said they were on back order, but I would be getting them :) We'll see what happens! Fingers crossed!
PM sent.

No flame suit necessary, and no ethical issues that I can see. :dunno: They advertised a price and I placed an order for a single unit at that sale price; I'm not trying to take some kind of unfair advantage of their mistake. I asked them if they'd honor the sale at that price, and they said they would; I appreciate that, but it's not as though I can force them into it.

If someone (either us, or a newspaper, etc) makes a mistake on an ad, a person asks if I'll honor it and I choose to do so, does that make the purchaser unethical? I personally don't think so.

Read my posts - nowhere did I say they 'had to', 'must', or even 'should' honor that price, and it's not like I threatened to sue them or never do business with them again if they chose not to. I said that I "seriously hope" they do. To be fair, I did say that I wish I'd ordered more than one, but again, they have the option of whether or not to ship them out at that price. I'm sure they have a standard "not responsible for misprints" disclaimer as most vendors do, and they absolutely have the option of invoking that at any time; still do for that matter.

This isn't (imo, anyway) someone taking advantage of some little old lady on a used car that's actually a collector's item. They buy & sell these for a living, they know what they pay for them, and they agreed to a price, a price that they had (and still have) the option of taking or not taking.

Free market, free choice; they (or I), can cancel the transaction at will.

It just show how much it takes to buy his integrity.

Most ads have wording saying to effect that they are not responsible for misprints.
Wow. My response in my head goes back & forth between "See response to sebecman above", "Glad you know so much about me", and something that's borderline unprintable; so I'll stick with "See response to sebecman above."

I'm in people's homes regularly, I have in my office the security codes to more than 1,300 alarm systems, and we also have the front door keys to probably 150-200 extremely nice lake homes, where the owners are absent most of the time. We keep the keys here in our secured facility as a courtesy for our customers (without charge mind you), so their termite people & such can come by and check them in and out as needed.

My point is simply this - with all that opportunity to go "parasite" if I wanted to, it's my integrity that all those people count on most of all. And my integrity is obviously not for sale for the price of a pair of binoculars; if it could be had that cheap, there'd be a lot of cleaned-out lake homes around here. So again, "See response to sebecman above."

And I really must say "thank you" for immediately jumping to accusational pontifications. Well done young man; you really don't know anything about me. :upeyes:

Quake,

Classy responses. I almost jumped into the argument yesterday but figured you didn't need anybody to speak for you.

Ron

Quake,

Classy responses. I almost jumped into the argument yesterday but figured you didn't need anybody to speak for you.

Ron
+1. wasnt me being in the crosshairs but it still struck a nerve.

To stay on topic, Palmetto State Armory has FGGM .308 for $20.95/20. the older 7.62 version is 19.95/20. this doesnt appear to even be a sale but most everywhere else i see it, it runs 35-40/box.

Fwiw - CDNN handgun specials. Several days old, but didn't think to post it here when I got the email Monday or Tuesday:
http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=...4&e=cbdbb9bae6

CZ-82 9x18's for $189 and 5906's for $299; plus whatever your shipping & dealer costs are. Others as well, but those struck me as the bang-for-buck winners on the page..

Thanks - copy & paste error on my part I imagine.

21 - 40 of 556 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.