Glock Talk banner

Preparedness HOT DEALS Thread

130K views 555 replies 97 participants last post by  quake 
#1 · (Edited)
Would it be OK to start a preparedness "hot deals" thread here?

The idea would be to post any good deals found on preparedness gear.

Or would that be too commercial for the forum's taste? Obviously no posting by those who stand to financially benefit...just good deals we've found and want to pass on.

#3 ·
Great thread idea!

I just ordered the Leatherman you linked to and it was elidgable for Amazon Prime to boot.

#6 ·
Very good thread idea, and doubly good timing imo with Christmas coming up.

One christmas idea - www.lapolicegear.com has several decent boots on closeout (check out the "closeout" and "5.11 closeout" sections both). Last week I ordered (for other people) one pair of 5.11's and one pair of rockports and paid $108 total for both including shipping iirc.

...Leatherman 300 Multitool at a lower price than normal at Amazon, currently $49.
Very good deal on that Supertool 300; we've bought (I think) 5 of them this year thru one of our wholesalers and paid almost that. That's a good catch.

Fresnel lenses, from credit-card size up to full-page size, at very good prices. We use the credit-card size ones (in a slipcover) as promotional giveaways in our business with our company info on them, but they're awfully handy to carry in your wallet for both normal magnifying and fire-starting use as well. Their 190x300mm lens is a phenomenal firestarter on a day with most any amount of sun, but not real handy to carry and no protective case so they tend to eventually get scratched up over time.
http://www.3dlens.com/shop/fresnellens.php

Another good one is simply walmart's price on Federal XM193 5.56 - $5.97 a box or $298 per thousand.

#8 ·
WM still has the best price on 1lb propane bottles (coleman cylnders)

2pak for 5 and change. Still not as good as the good old days of a buck a cylinder, but thats probably gone forever.

I grabbed some, and a backup replacement for my single burner Coleman spin on propane stove, in case my original rusts out or something. Still 21 bucks.

Funny thing, my kitchen in the house i bought a year ago is fairly normal looking but very slightly dated and some day I'd like to do a re-hab with stainless appliances and granite counters. The stove is less than ten years old and a nice smooth top, but that means its electric.

A couple of power failures ago I got out the single burner and I liked cooking on gas so much that it is my regular cooker…its tall standing up so to use it at a comfortable level it occupies once of the bays in the double bay sink.

But I'm cookin with gas! It also means I use the bialetti stovetop espresso maker instead of the electric.

#13 ·
Allied Armaments now has .308 cal 50rd drums available for the HK-91/PTR, FAL and M14 rifles. A bit of web browsing indicates CDNN seems to have the best price. Not cheap at $289.99..........but cheaper than other sellers that I saw.

Here's a link to CDNN's M14 drum mag: http://www.cdnninvestments.com/m130850xdrne.html

and a review of the FAL drum mag: http://commanderzero.com/?p=2530

CommanderZero, a GT poster, did a review earlier of the HK-91/PTR version on his blog.

#17 ·
#19 ·
...I hope the back orders come through for you!
I saw it was backordered, but figured it was worth a gamble at that price. Fwiw, I got a notification of two things from them today:

First, that they were supposed to be in stock & ship out on the 14th (this friday).

And second (I love this part...), it was a data-entry error on somebody's part there at Grainger - they were never supposed to be that price, and the error's been corrected now. They were supposed to be marked down to $463 from the Grainger's normal $724 price (Grainger is usually somewhat high like that), but the $463 got typo-ed to $163 instead when it was entered.

They're honoring existing orders :)woohoo:), but no more can be ordered at that $163 price. I checked their site, and they're listed back at $724.50 now. Makes me wish I'd ordered more than one... :supergrin:

Lone Kimono, did I say "THANK YOU"...? :patriot:

#20 · (Edited)
I saw it was backordered, but figured it was worth a gamble at that price. Fwiw, I got a notification of two things from them today:

First, that they were supposed to be in stock & ship out on the 14th (this friday).

And second (I love this part...), it was a data-entry error on somebody's part there at Grainger - they were never supposed to be that price, and the error's been corrected now. They were supposed to be marked down to $463 from the Grainger's normal $724 price (Grainger is usually somewhat high like that), but the $463 got typo-ed to $163 instead when it was entered.

They're honoring existing orders :)woohoo:), but no more can be ordered at that $163 price. I checked their site, and they're listed back at $724.50 now. Makes me wish I'd ordered more than one... :supergrin:

Lone Kimono, did I say "THANK YOU"...? :patriot:
Who did you speak to that said they would honor that price? They told me to take a jump off a bridge yesterday. If I want it it's $724...and I ordered it before I posted on here. Glad you got it though :)

#21 ·
Lady on the phone; didn't get her name. Hope she was right...

#24 ·
Who did you speak to that said they would honor that price? They told me to take a jump off a bridge yesterday. If I want it it's $724...and I ordered it before I posted on here. Glad you got it though :)
Fwiw, if you received an email confirmation of the order, I'd call them on it, based on a phone call today. While I was out today, one of our technicians took a call from grainger, calling to let me know that these were backordered "5-7 days", which pretty much jives with the lady on the phone telling me about october 14th.

Imo it's a big enough deal to at least try to hold them to it if you've got the order-confirmation email. Main concern I have at this point is that they haven't charged my debit card yet (I put it on my personal debit card instead of our company account); if they had, that would be one more degree closer to a done deal. Not the end of the world if they don't come in, but I seriously hope they do.... :ender: It's been a LONG time since I've had steiners, and they're the only optics I've used that beat leupold when I did have them; and their prices being what they are, I know I'll never bring myself to pay regular price for them. Not when Nikons are "almost" as good, and one-third the price.

#25 ·
Fwiw, if you received an email confirmation of the order, I'd call them on it, based on a phone call today. While I was out today, one of our technicians took a call from grainger, calling to let me know that these were backordered "5-7 days", which pretty much jives with the lady on the phone telling me about october 14th.

Imo it's a big enough deal to at least try to hold them to it if you've got the order-confirmation email. Main concern I have at this point is that they haven't charged my debit card yet (I put it on my personal debit card instead of our company account); if they had, that would be one more degree closer to a done deal. Not the end of the world if they don't come in, but I seriously hope they do.... :ender: It's been a LONG time since I've had steiners, and they're the only optics I've used that beat leupold when I did have them; and their prices being what they are, I know I'll never bring myself to pay regular price for them. Not when Nikons are "almost" as good, and one-third the price.
I called and the person I spoke to said they were on back order, but I would be getting them :) We'll see what happens! Fingers crossed!

#26 ·
While not illegal what you are doing certainly brushes up against some ethical boundaries. Frankly I am surprised, Quake. You seem from your postings to be an honorable man, active in Church and a role model to the youths in your area. You also own a business. How would you feel if this happened to you and your product was listed at less than your cost?

Is this your way of sticking it to corporate america because in your opinion Grainger can afford to lose some dough?

Just my 2 cents. Flame suit activated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.